3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BAD BAD THING HAPPENED!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:07 AM
SWOS Chief
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD BAD THING HAPPENED!!

So, yesterday I was headed to the dog trainer, where I have never been before, and drove past it. Finally realised I went by so I turned into a little shopping area. When I pulled in some bitch (sorry but not too happy right now) in a big *** Yukon or suburban or something comes flying around the corner cutting it short. I swerved right to miss her, hopped the curb and felt a nasty grating feeling. Once I was back on all 4 wheels I pulled over and got out to look. In the process of jumping the curb I hit what is a common thing up here, a 2 foot tall wall made of flat stones with concrete on top. It crushed my tube step (ironically this probably saved me from the damage being worse) and then goudged and dented the front passenger door at the bottom. She was gone by the time I got out of the truck. So I got in the truck to leave and as I am pulling out I see the wall I hit, I broke about a 3 foot chunk of it off and twisted it.
The part that really pisses me off is that if I had my lift on I would have drove right over the wall, maybe caught the tube, but that's it. So now I am finding out how much it will cost to get that fixed. No I probably will not turn it into insurance as I don't want my rates going up for the next 5 years and I didn't file a police report.
Yes, I know, worthless without pics, but I need to get completely calmed down before I go doing that. Will post some tonight or tomorrow maybe.

By the way, anyone need a driver side chrome Mopar tube step for a QC? Figure someone out there has probably done something to theirs and will give it to you for free, well, you pay shipping. I guess this just gives me an excuse to get new steps! There is the only upside I have found.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:23 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: BAD BAD THING HAPPENED!!

I'd make that summbitch who's outta town pay for the repairs. Had he not gone away, you'da had that lift on by now!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAD BAD THING HAPPENED!!

lol i no the feeling so many people these days dont kow what the heck they are doing behind the wheel of a car!

Quick Reply: BAD BAD THING HAPPENED!!