3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Jet Chip Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jet Chip Stage 1

While I am a huge aviation nut, I am sorely lacking in the world of cars/trucks.

I have seen many talk about a jet chip and stage 1. What exactly is this jet chip doing and for those that have installed it what is the gas savings you realize vs. what is said in the marketing material?

I have basically a stock 2006 Ram 1500 4x2 Q-cab with a 3.7l engine.

Here is what I pulled from a website.

Stage 1 Jet Performance Module
This stage allows our customers, with stock or barely-modified vehicles, to use a performance module with less expensive, lower octane fuels (87 octane). With Stage 1, the programming is set to burn fuel at peak efficiency resulting in not only optimal performance, but gas savings as well.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jet Chip Stage 1

oh i should say this....

Not looking to supercharge my truck. Basically drive it around town and to and from work. Looking to improve the mpg and maybe some additional horsepower/torque (more get up and go) when needed. I don't have a lead foot nor really care to be burning 5 gallons of gas off the line at a green light. Just looking for some additional power when overtaking/passing on highway or on-ramp.

Sorry for the two post message.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
bchap05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the V6 section there is a lot of info on there if you look through all the pages.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Never had the Jet Chip, but from the posts I've read by a lot of 4.7l owners, they basically say if anything, they've noticed a degradation in performance. Many are now using the thing as a paperweight. Maybe a few Jet owners will chime in.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 AM
RedHemi05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an '05 Ram and I looked under the hood which is rare for me to do and I noticed that who ever had the truck before me added this to the truck. I have no idea on a change because it was there before I got it. I don't even know much about it. I am looking forward to learning more.

Quick Reply: Jet Chip Stage 1