3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 AM
uk guy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help !!!!!!!!

put up a post on sunday about my interior lights staying on all the time after i fitted my roof amber lights
i wired them in to the plug on the right a pillar so the will only come on with the side markers,

but as i said since then my interior lights wont go off.
i've pulled the + off the battery for 5 mins and tried to reset the comptuer but nothing works !

anyone got any idea ?

andyesthe dome light switch is turned off !

thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 09:39 AM
kregier
Veteran
Default RE: help !!!!!!!!

Here's my what to try list.
Looking back at your initial post it says you plugged them into a powier source on the driver side pillar. If you unplug them, do the interior lights go off?

Is the door ajar light lit up on your panel when the doors are closed? I believe the switch that turns the dome lights on/off is the same that controls that warning light. Check for any broken or exposed wires along where you took stuff off/apart when you installed the cab lights.

The other, although highly unlikely option, that I can think of is somehow they've been wired to another constant power source. If you pull the fuse for the interior lights and they go off, that will rule that scenario out.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 AM
uk guy
Rookie

pulled the fuse NO.18 (interior lights)and they go off

nothings crossed wired and no door ajar light is on unless the door is open

strange !

Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
kregier
Veteran

And what happens if you unplug/disconnect your cab lights?

How did you blow the fuse to your tail light?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
uk guy
Rookie

disconnected the roof lights and still no luck

i blow the tail light fuse by connecting my test lamp to the plug connector but it just shorted on both terminals totally my faut !

Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM
prerunner
Captain

This is weird, cuz i can't get my interior lights to stay on longer than 5 seconds, without putting the key to the on position

Old 11-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok,

The interior lights are "hot" all the time. This means that when you open the door, you are actually connecting the ground (neg, nuetral) side of them so they go on. Its sounds like you have grounded them somehow when you made your connections. undo everything thing you did and see if that helps. If not start looking for a pinched wire somewhere along the track of the stuff you took apart the first time. Then if you want the cabs to come on using the markers, make sure you grabbed a hot wire for them that turns on and off with the markers.