3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas Price

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007 | 04:50 PM
Vandal77
Rookie
Default RE: Gas Price

Our customers don't pay fuel surcharge. Allof ourcompetiton charges for it, and they are all big companiesand can afford it. My wife owns our company.She now only delivers twice a week instead of everyday. Emergency orders get delivered within several hours, andshe eats the fuel costs. Small business is the backbone of the U.S. economy and its tough staying around when you see costs like oil going through the roof. Oil should be considered a national treasure and not a traded commodity. Did I just say that? Yeah, I believeI did. If it's something that can affect national security, then yeah, it's a national treasure. It seems state taxes on oil is a killer as well. Drive out of PA, head to Jersey or points south and it's much cheaper to fill up. Is that because each state taxes the fuel we use? http://www.pennsylvaniagasprices.com/tax_info.aspx
Hey, how about we put thoses taxes on **** instead of fuel?

Old 11-09-2007 | 04:51 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SWOS Chief

Ok, editor delete this if you choose, they had their opinion, here's mine.

Quit sniveling about the goverment setting gas prices, shut your yap about how we can spend money on war but not to lower your gas guzzling vehicle's refill price. You knew the mileage sucked when you bought it, are you truly dumb enough to believe the price of gas was going back to what it was years ago when you could fill almost anything for like 30 bucks? Oh, that's right, it is all a goverment conspiracy against those do the voting, not just the president but congress and the senate, and the governors (that have direct input on the state tax added to your gas), and any other politician. I fogot to mention that 9/11 is a goverment conspiracy too and about a thousand other things that people need to place blame on someone for.
Get real people. I have seen about 100 emails for the whole "if everyone doesn't buy gas on this certain day it will make the companies lower prices", of course this doesn't work because it could never be organized, and do really think not filling up on one day would hurt the GAS companies? Besides, we as Americans won't get off our asses and walk to work as a whole, let alone walk everywhere for one day.
I guess what I am saying is, take your conspiracy theories and comments about spending money on war and shove them. I would spend your entire months wages, that probably go to the local fast food resteraunt (that constantly is raising prices and you are not complaining about) and also go to fueling our gas pigs to ensure that one Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airman has an extra piece of equipment to make them an iota safer in a campaign(note that what we are doing for OIF and OEF is not a war) trying to free another country and ultimately making you and I safer sleeping at night.
Have issues with gas prices?..... park your vehicle, buy a bike, or walk your ***. Stop blaming the goverment for your decision to buy a gas guzzler, there is no law making you do it, unless of course this is another one of someone's stupid lame *** conspiracy theories that fits in with the others stated above.

Respectfully,
GMC (SW) Scott Minary
+1 Well Put

Old 11-09-2007 | 04:55 PM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

Yes, each state adds tax to gas, well, I believe there are a couple that don't, just not sure which ones.

Tax on ****....... Are you crazy??????????????

Old 11-09-2007 | 04:57 PM
Vandal77
Rookie

Now that I think about it, how about we all forward that web site to our Senators and Congressman and ask them to tax **** instead of gasoline. This is just bull**** we pay so much tax. And no,I won't give up my pickup truck. It's so offensive to my European cousins it's worth keeping it just for that. lol.
I hereby claim the copyrights on the phrase andnew bumpersticker Tax **** not Gas!

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:00 PM
Vandal77
Rookie

Swos...I think I am. I take it all back. I'll have to think of something else to put tax on, how about...Fords and Chevys? If you own a Ford or Chevy,you pay fuel taxes?

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:02 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

ORIGINAL: SWOS Chief

Ok, editor delete this if you choose, they had their opinion, here's mine.

Quit sniveling about the goverment setting gas prices, shut your yap about how we can spend money on war but not to lower your gas guzzling vehicle's refill price. You knew the mileage sucked when you bought it, are you truly dumb enough to believe the price of gas was going back to what it was years ago when you could fill almost anything for like 30 bucks? Oh, that's right, it is all a goverment conspiracy against those do the voting, not just the president but congress and the senate, and the governors (that have direct input on the state tax added to your gas), and any other politician. I fogot to mention that 9/11 is a goverment conspiracy too and about a thousand other things that people need to place blame on someone for.
Get real people. I have seen about 100 emails for the whole "if everyone doesn't buy gas on this certain day it will make the companies lower prices", of course this doesn't work because it could never be organized, and do really think not filling up on one day would hurt the GAS companies? Besides, we as Americans won't get off our asses and walk to work as a whole, let alone walk everywhere for one day.
I guess what I am saying is, take your conspiracy theories and comments about spending money on war and shove them. I would spend your entire months wages, that probably go to the local fast food resteraunt (that constantly is raising prices and you are not complaining about) and also go to fueling our gas pigs to ensure that one Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airman has an extra piece of equipment to make them an iota safer in a campaign(note that what we are doing for OIF and OEF is not a war) trying to free another country and ultimately making you and I safer sleeping at night.
Have issues with gas prices?..... park your vehicle, buy a bike, or walk your ***. Stop blaming the goverment for your decision to buy a gas guzzler, there is no law making you do it, unless of course this is another one of someone's stupid lame *** conspiracy theories that fits in with the others stated above.

Respectfully,
GMC (SW) Scott Minary

Forgot to add, I hate the cost of gas too, but I place the blame of the price increase on no other than the oil companies themselves, they charge it, someone has to buy it, guess that's me.
Very well said.
I pay 618 a month it's not that bad. If I wanted a cheap car payment i would have bought a cheap car.

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:34 PM
Bobbert

When I want to get better MPG I drive my '68 Ford Galaxie 500 4 door w/ 390 2bbl and 2.75 rear end. I can get about 16-17 on the highway. But the down side is that it is tuned only for high-test+. I haveto mix in 5 gallons of Purple (Sunoco 110 oct., @6.75 per gal) to every 15 gallons of 93 oct or the car will not run right.
So weather I drive my truk or my Ford I pay out the *** [sm=boohoo.gif]But I'm used to it, I consider it my freedom of driving.
If we really want to sip the gas thoughwe take my Wife's '97 Plymouth Breeze with the 2.0 and get about 30mpg.
This truck thingis still new to me and I am getting used to filling up a lot more though, I traded a '92 Buick LeSabre for it and that would go about 350+ miles per tank, so far the best I have got for the truck was 297 miles on an all highway trip through PA just this past wednesday.

Old 11-09-2007 | 06:25 PM
Wishbone
Record Breaker

The Government is going to cut their own throat. If gas does get up to $4 a gallon that will force a ton of people including myself to get a car with better mileage. Thing is most of the great fuel misers are imports so American car sales will continue to decline, just at a much faster rate.

Old 11-09-2007 | 08:03 PM
sddunn2
Professional

We have been paying 1.05 a liter now for some time and it has gone as high as as 1.18 and we just keep on paying . Bitch , complain, yell ,scream as you might it just keeps going up . suck it up guys it is not going down any time soon !! but we can dream right

Old 11-09-2007 | 09:32 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I dont like the high gas prices, and I am sure there is something that can be done about it either from the governement or elsewhere or both, taxes can be redirected to things such as alcohol and cigarettes, fast food etcc. not the necesity most people need, I pay 550 a month for Diablo, 550 a month for my wifes fj cruiser, 275 month for insurance and atleast 500 on gas. Crazy but needs to be done. Do I need my truck? hell no. will I sell it. only if I lose my job or sanity. I have a mini van I drive to and from work which accomplished a couple things. 24 mpg, gas currently cheaper then diesel and tires are a hell of a lot cheaper on my van then my truck. I can buy a whole set of tires for the van for the price of one of my truck tires. etc.etc.... I feel as the public forced to pay for fuel we have a right to be unhappy, complain and even ask for the government to somehow step in and figure a more uniformed way of helping us out. For some people it will get to a point where they will have to miss work because they can not afford gas for that day. I have seen it with associates of mine and I will not lend them money, all that will do is prolong the problem for them. I feel I have the right to complain about fuel prices and I have the right to ask for something to be done. there are plenty of alternatives. e85, biodiesel. Tell me, why is the government not stepping in and making biodiesel available for the public? Hell I would buy b20-b100 if it costs less. I am even in the stages of making my own once I find a source of oil (resturaunts are a little tight with it) Point is there can be a reasonable solution.

Quick Reply: Gas Price