3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stereo System Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
flgto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo System Upgrades

I am looking to eventually upgrade my radio system. My 2500 only came with the in dash CD with 4 speakers...no infinity here! Has anyone upgraded and made a "system" in their RAM? Anyone own those pre-fabricated boxes for under the rear seats? I have a Quad Cab so I am biased, but I would love to see what is out there! I am not a big fan of the competition 500 15" subwoofer systems...ha! I am however looking for a system that may have one subwoofer that adds a little more to the music experience...a nice clean sound.

Please post some pics of your systems! Or if no pictures, let me know what you have installed and how your like it!

Thank you in advance, looking forward to the replies!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:04 PM
casper3380
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stereo System Upgrades

at this time i have taken my single cd and four speakers to an alpine deck and polk speakers all around. Mtx has either empty boxes or filed(powered and unpowered). They are supposed to be accustically tuned. Though Im considereing the single 10 offered by JL audio its the 10w3v-4 series, 300 watts rms. Good looking setup. Crutchfield is now an autorized online dealer for them so you can check it out there. As for 15's only a dream if you want rear seats. lol. Good luck m8 Any other questions just ask.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1440

Also have a front seat box for the 40/20/40 set up

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1535

with a 13.5" sub. hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Stereo System Upgrades