3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CEL and remote start

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007 | 07:47 AM
TBarCYa
|
Rookie
Default CEL and remote start

Last week I posted asking how to get the codes from my 04 because my CEL came on. It went off later that day so I figured it was a loose gas cap (first thing I checked) but after remote starting the truck yesterday the CEL is back on. I haven't gotten to the parts store to have them pull the codes yet but has anyone had a similar problem and how did you fix it? I have the black key so no factory security system to cause the problem.

Thanks.

Old 11-13-2007 | 08:44 PM
BLACKTRX4
Rookie
Default RE: CEL and remote start

This is the time of the year when they start putting more additives in the gas for winter temps and more than likely your codes will be for a lean problem when idling for a longer than normal time using the remote start, I would start buying the higher octane fuel and maybe even from a different station than you normally purchase and see if the problem persists. The additives they put in the winter gas has symptoms kinda like adding water to the fuel. Had the same thing happen last winter to mine and my girlfriends startus's. The light would come on then I would clear them and a couple days later they would come back but only if the car sat idling for a long time.

Quick Reply: CEL and remote start