3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 Pwr Wagon Issue: Intermitent Start & Defroster Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
M14
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Pwr Wagon Issue: Intermitent Start & Defroster Noise

I have an appointment Friday for the dealer to look into two issues with my 07 Power Wagon:

1) Twice now, I have tried to start and the engine won't turn over. All normal dash lights are on and all seems fine, but the engine will not turn over. After taking the key out, waiting about a half minute and trying again it seems to start. This has happend twice now about 4-months apart. I can't reproduce the problem on my own.

2) Second issue, is when using the defrost after not using for several days I hear a audible thump from under the dash. The defrost seems to work fine and the system shifts between defrost and other controls fine. I have seen the posts regarding broken doors within the AC/Heat unit. The noise I hear is definately a door. The problem is once it makes the noise, it won't reproduce until after the defrost has not been used for several days.

Any help on these issues appreciated.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 PM
paulphilly
Rookie
Default RE: 07 Pwr Wagon Issue: Intermitent Start & Defroster Noise

I have an 07' PW and have not experienced any of the problems you have mentioned. I hope they are not serious and the stealer can fix them quick. good luck

Old 11-19-2007, 09:50 AM
M14
Rookie

Thanks, but as I figured, they found nothing. The systems check out fine, no TSB's or other reported problems, so they say keep an eye on it and note the time, temperature and other things when the problems occur. I guess I won't worry about it since they say the system is fine, no trouble codes etc, and since it has started, just a delat twice.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
VaderPainter
Rookie

As for your starter. I can tell you to check your starter and make sure the wires are tight. I have seen this problem before on vehicles and it was loose connections at the starter...

As for the noise. Most likley it is a mode door issue. Either a binding actuator or the door itself. Next time it happens try and look under your dash and see which actuator is binding so you can point it out the dealer next time. Isolate exactly what switch is causing it also.

Quick Reply: 07 Pwr Wagon Issue: Intermitent Start & Defroster Noise