3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Two Power Wagons, one mission

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
bobbylight
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two Power Wagons, one mission

whats so big about the powerwagon? i have no idea what it comes with?

Old 11-17-2007, 01:14 AM
ldgregory

Take a look at http://powerwagonregistry.org/pw_tech.php. It's easier than rewriting everything it comes with stock.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:35 AM
motorider228
Champion

I know the Hemi is better offroad, but if those trucks came with the Cummins that would be the ultimate truck. Nice videos though, those trucks really do perform. Besides a jeep, nothing stock can touch one offroad.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 AM
ldgregory

The diesel is too heavy and too large. You'd have to lose the winch and a majority of the articulation. Besides, can you imagine the cost of a PW *and* a diesel?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:27 PM
motorider228
Champion

Yeah you would have to get a winch that mounted on a bumper. For me, I could deal with losing some of the wheeling abilities because I would never full out wheel a PW, not for cost or any of that, I just enjoy real rockcrawling in which a full size will get destroyed if it attempts. The cummins is my dream truck and all the goodies of the powerwagon just for going fishing in remote areas or hunting or whatever. I know it would lose alot of it's abilities but I would still prefer it with a cummins.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

ORIGINAL: motorider228

I know the Hemi is better offroad, but if those trucks came with the Cummins that would be the ultimate truck. Nice videos though, those trucks really do perform. Besides a jeep, nothing stock can touch one offroad.
+1

Old 11-17-2007, 05:31 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: ldgregory

Guess it depends on the definition of expensive <grin>. Most of the PW folks I've talked to got theirs for $30K and under. I've seen some used '06s for about $26K.

They are a wicked truck. The times I've been out wheeling and run into people with highly modified vehicles and Jeeps, it's never failed to impress them. Especially when I tell them it's stock.

My wife thinks I'm bonkers for wheeling it (due to the cost of the truck), but I'm a very careful wheeler. So far no carnage on my truck except losing the front license plate bracket which most of the PW owners consider a rite of passage anyways. My buddy on the other hand has a heavy right foot. Heck he didn't even have his 24 hours before he put a big dent in the passenger rear door. <grin>
Niiice!! but i just got my truck in july... i got it for a great deal so for me expensive is anything more than my truck

Old 11-17-2007, 05:50 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran

...he didn't even have his 24 hours before he put a big dent in the passenger rear door.
hehe, I think you've mentioned this on another forum before. I'll have to check out the vid later, can't see it from this computer (not mine).

Old 11-17-2007, 10:20 PM
ldgregory

Yeah you would have to get a winch that mounted on a bumper. For me, I could deal with losing some of the wheeling abilities because I would never full out wheel a PW, not for cost or any of that, I just enjoy real rockcrawling in which a full size will get destroyed if it attempts. The cummins is my dream truck and all the goodies of the powerwagon just for going fishing in remote areas or hunting or whatever. I know it would lose alot of it's abilities but I would still prefer it with a cummins.
Not to mention a different driveline. I'd hate to think what all that torque would do to a set of lockers too. I bought mine to wheel with primarily and to tow my 3,000 lbs pop-up when we go camping for which it does extremely well. If I'd had a 5'er, I'd have gone with a Cummins truck.

Definitely not planning any UROC or WEROC stuff in my PW though! <grin>

Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 AM
motorider228
Champion

ORIGINAL: ldgregory

Not to mention a different driveline. I'd hate to think what all that torque would do to a set of lockers too. I bought mine to wheel with primarily and to tow my 3,000 lbs pop-up when we go camping for which it does extremely well. If I'd had a 5'er, I'd have gone with a Cummins truck.

Definitely not planning any UROC or WEROC stuff in my PW though! <grin>
Lol let's hope not, I went to theWEROC world finals the past two years and even the heaviest modded PW couldn't touch that course without completely destroying everything about the truck.

Quick Reply: Two Power Wagons, one mission