Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 3rd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

Location of factory sirius tuner

3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Location of factory sirius tuner

Old 11-19-2007, 05:45 PM
jojo
Default RE: Location of factory sirius tuner

Found it, yeah it was behind the glove box, must of been blind the first time i looked. The connections of curse dont match now i have to make the decision of cutting and splicing the wires or mounted another antenna. Has anybody spliced there cable?

Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
bwhite757
All Star

Yeah, mine doesn't match up either. Do you know where you can buy the ends or an adaptor for the antenna connector?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Kooda
Rookie

Any good car stereo shop should sell the adaptor. If you can't find one, try www.crutchfield.com

I know of a good car audio store in Columbia SC....if that is close to you.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 PM
jojo

No i havent found them yet unfourtunatly. Right now im just leaning toward just putting up another antenna but i really would of liked to keep the factory one, maybe somebody knows if theres and adapter. I really dont wana cut the cable since i might want to return the truck to the stock setup at some point (if i ever decide to sell it)

Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
bwhite757
All Star

I posted on siriusbackstage.com about the issue, someone replied with this:

"That plastic piece, called FAKRA, comes off. There is a small tab that you pop (or break off) then the plastic connector comes off.

Then it will look like a regular antenna plug."
After looking at the antenna plug, he may be right, it looks like it will fit into my Sirius SCC1 tuner once I get the yellow plastic block off, and then if I want to go factory again, I can just shove it back into the factory tuner...

There's also a good thread on how to splice an antenna wire on there if you have to end up cutting it. Personally I would cut it, splice it with the new end, and save your factory end until the day you might want to go back to stock, there's no way I'd throw another antenna up there when Dodge put a perfectly good looking factory one up there already...

Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
blamb
Amateur

bwhite757,

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, I want to have the ability to go back to the factory tunner. But I found this antenna adapter/extentsion cable with a built in amplifier to prevent signal loss. I'm just thinking this might be a little cleaner than cutting and splicing...

Old 12-30-2007, 06:40 PM
mbrady8

New to the forum and you guys have helped me alot thanks... Ive got some pics of my Sirius Sportster install on my 07 Ram. Hated the factory tuner so customed this one in. Any feedback would be great thanx...

Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
cam01ss
Amateur

awesome has anyone gotten the sirius antenna to work for there aftermarket radios i just picked up a 2007 quadcab thunderroad edition and i wanna hook this up to my pioneer headunit . let me know i wanna complete this install and order what i need if anyone has gotten it to work succesfully

Old 05-23-2018, 03:37 PM
Daniel Zukowski

Hi all, I know this is an 8 year old thread but I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen and I cannot find the Sirius module where the antenna terminates, it's not under the glove box and without ripping everything out I am perplexed. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHERE IT IS LOCATED?

Old 04-17-2019, 12:44 AM
JSMCO
Amateur

Originally Posted by Parts/Service View Post
2007 service manual says that it is behind glove box. The last one I installed went behind glove box. If I remember right, it is up and to the left of glove box door. ButI know some are on the right end of instrument panel and some are under the rear seat and some are near the parking brake lever.....SorryI couldn't be more helpful. The following pic is from an 2007 manual.....

Figured this out. I am in process of installing a Kenwood Stereo with a new Sirius Tuner. I have the proper patch cord to attach the new tuner to the stock Sirius antenna and I have located the stock tuner box as shown in this diagram. Also picture attached of what one looks like out of the vehicle. My questions are:

1. How do I get the yellow antenna plug to detach from the box? I have wiggled it but not sure if that red piece on top has to slide 1st to unlock?

2. There is a wiring harness attached to the box at the larger black receptacle. Do I have to leave the old tuner in for any reason or can I remove it and just leave the harness there? I have no idea what those wires go to but I'd guess they were to attach the tuner to the old stock radio.

This has been figured out. Easy to unplug harnesses once tuner bolts removed and better access.

Last edited by JSMCO; Yesterday at 12:09 AM. Reason: Solved

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Location of factory sirius tuner

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: