3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hey everyone need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 AM
MannyP24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey everyone need some help...

Wasup everybody? I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SportQuadcab.... im pretty new to this place and im hoping to discuss on some ideas....i have done a few things so far such as 40 series Flowmaster dual exhaust,sound system, HID headlights etc. I'm trying to put more into my truck but without ruining the fact that its my daily driver I've been thinking about getting rims but im not sure whether to get 22's or 24's and to lower it but also im worried about picking the lowering kit that will give me a good ride at the same time along with the bigger rims? any suggestions on rim size? and lowering kits? tires maybe? what bout performance wise? intakes? Chips? etc. any suggestions
-Thanks for the help

Old 11-20-2007, 04:19 PM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain
Default RE: hey everyone need some help...

No offense to any of the guys who have hardcore lowered trucks on here, but why would you want to lower a full size pickup? As far as performance goes, basic stuff to start with is exhaust (which you already have), intake and chip. AEM Brute Force and the K&N Series intakes are very high quality intakes. Superchips makes a great performance chip as does Jet. I'd say that 22" rims are probably the better way to go as you'll have some more tire on the ground...

Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

silenthawk... its all about preference.... some people just like it.. not me but some.... so manny i would reccomend 22's mainly because you would have a little more sidewall and save some money.... i would also reccomend getting gears... This is a 2wd right?

Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM
thehemiman12345
All Star

i love the look of a lowered full size.....just look at hemiyellows truck......

Quick Reply: hey everyone need some help...