3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Michelin or Bridgestone tires??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 AM
minnesotamopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Michelin or Bridgestone tires??

I've had personal experience of two sets of the OLD version of the Michelin LTX AT's and they were nothing short of amazing. Definitely the most durable longest wearing tires I've owned. My family members have had two other sets, coworkers as well, all the same story, but I can't say anything for the new version. If the mileage is 70% as good as the old version I'd have to take a look at them. The traction looks at least equal, likely improved, the noise cancelling looks improved, and the tread depth looks similar. As for the price of Michelin tires, I think they're worth it. I can't buy two sets of Goodyears for the money eventhough that's how many sets I'll go through before the old LTX AT's would be done, and the Michelins balance better, making my vehicle experience (ride, noise, handling, traction, snow tracking, etc. ) as good as it should be.

My coworker has Revo's currently and he's getting poor mileage out of them, under 35,000. But that's just one example. Certainly don't make a decision based on that.

Check out tirerack.com ratings. The Pirelli Scorpion ATR's get the best by far overall ratings. I dont' have any personal experience with them, but I think they are coming stock on current F-150's if you want to see them.

--Matt

Old 11-21-2007, 12:50 AM
minnesotamopar
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Wishbone

Seeing that Bridgestone is owned by Firestone now I would choose Michelin.
Bridgestone (originally a Japanese company) purchased Firestone in 1988, long before the War of the Worlds-esque Firestone Wilderness AT tire debacle amplified by the media who conveniently for Ford ignored the fact that Ford Exploders were prone to tipping over with soft sidewalled passenger rated tires.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

yea it definitely depends on what you need the tire to do but out of the two options you have up there i would go with duelers...

Quick Reply: Michelin or Bridgestone tires??