3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just got rear ended by a drunk guy

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 AM
thebean
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just got rear ended by a drunk motherfu$#@....

Glad you're okay physically, 35 mph is a pretty good impact to withstand.

In case you haven't done so, I suggest you check your driver's seat, make sure it's not bent into a more reclined position. I had that happen to me twice.

If you were looking in your rear view and bracing for the inevitable, check your steering wheel too... it may not be straight anymore... but if your arms don't hurt it's probably fine...

Old 11-27-2007, 07:25 AM
spud11
Veteran

Atleast he rear-ended you, as a firefighter I unfourtunatly get to see more than a fair share of what happens when people drink and drive, most of the time its a head on and that never turns out nice. Glad to hear you got out alright, on a side note, rear impacts like that are why my draw bar always stays in the reciver hitch, when the hit me, they gonna know about. Good luck with the insurace company they'll try and get away with the cheapest bit possiable.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:01 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Pays to have a big truck!! Look how bad that car looks! Sorry about your truck!!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Zack1978
Professional

If I were you, since it is not on your dime anyway; I would take it in to a body shop to have it put on a frame rack. At 35mph there could be a ton of frame damage that you might not notice just by looking at it, then 5,000 miles later your tires will start to wear out strange, enter tweaked frame!

Zack

Old 11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional
Default RE: Just got rear ended by a drunk guy

Just got done looking at the damage and there is more than I thought. The quarter panel is crinkled and the bumper got into the quarter panel like I thought last night. Pics:

Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
braaap11889
Rookie

wow your neck must kill

do you owe any money on the truck?

With that kind of damage to your bed and owing money you could go for a whole new bed side or bed. Definitly make sure they put a whole new bumper on or else it will rust out like mine did. And get a good autobody shop almost everyone i have been to suck *** they cheap out so HARD its ridiculous you can't trust anyone.

Also the value of your truck is about 2 grand less if not more since it got in an accident so sue for that.

Good time to get a roll pan too.

Also with the guy that rear ended my sister's his insurance just wrote us a check for the damage and we never fixed it. You could make out like a bandit on this heck if you really are mad at him your would get all you could out of him.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
djr04
All Star

That sucks, I've had my share of idiots running into my truck, with the most recent being a rear end resulting in a new bumper and brackets (was $650 that her insurance had to pay to give you an idea on the cost of that when it gets replaced). Get all you can out of him, and be sure you find a good body shop, that will be the most important factor in getting your truck back to the way it was. [/align]

Old 11-28-2007, 12:07 AM
topcop38
Professional

my wife was rear ended in her durango at about 15 mph and it oval the holes in the frame for the hitch. the insurance company insisted on a new hitch or they would not cover any incidents should the hitch fail although it was ok but the frame holes were messed up. no other damage to it but the other guys sub-compact needed a front clip.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:33 AM
WVMedic
Amateur

I hate them because I have to scrape up the innocent people they hit!!! If I were you , I'd start having "insurance pain" (whip lash) and hit him where it really hurts. in the wallet.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Ben D.
Champion

[hr]
yea I agree it sucks that it's never the drunk that gets hurt in the accident. it's always the mother with her kids or the father coming home from a long day at work. that's what pisses me off the most about it.

Quick Reply: Just got rear ended by a drunk guy