3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just got rear ended by a drunk guy

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just got rear ended by a drunk motherfu$#@....

Dude major bummer. Your truck looks similar to my rear end when i got hit by a Grand cherokee on the 10 freeway....It bent my rear bumper, smashed my catback exhaust and he was going about 65 mph into my rear end....pushed me into the truck in front of me and damaged my nearly brand new front bumper....Not to mention i was DEAD stopped in traffic.....His excuse? "Oh....well i guess i just didnt see traffic..." It's cool though because he ended up fronting nearly a 7000 dollar repair bill to my truck alone.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
bchap05
Professional
Default RE: Just got rear ended by a drunk guy

ORIGINAL: braaap11889

Also with the guy that rear ended my sister's his insurance just wrote us a check for the damage and we never fixed it. You could make out like a bandit on this heck if you really are mad at him your would get all you could out of him.
That works out sweet. My girlfriend has a 95 prelude, onenightmy ex keyed it and the cops got her to admit to it. That was a $2000 check andwe didn't fix it because it wasn't that bad after I buffed it. Then we got backed into and that was another $1000 check and we didn't fix it because its a 12 year old car with a lot of miles.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:46 PM
shah 303
Professional

someone in their honda slammed my dad's car which it is over 4,000 pounds car. my dad's car took scratches from the honda and honda was totaled similer to this drunk guy's car. my dad's car was standing still for red light and a guy in honda didnt see red light and my dads car and boom. right now the paint is chipping. it is amazing.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
shah 303
Professional

my dads took minor scratches from honda.

the honda was driving at least 55 mph+!!!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
braaap11889
Rookie

OMG my dads truck couldrun over other cars (with not damage to his truck). Litterally if he got rearended they would probably hit the tires unless they were in a full size truck. I know that the hitch is at roof line of my subaru svx and if i rear ended him it would just hit the tires and probably axle depending on if he has the drop hitch in or not.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:16 PM
flgto

Before I begin, as I have stated before, my post in no way represent legal advice. Nothing written here should be considered advice of any kind.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. Accidents are never a pleasant experience but at least you are ok. Hopefully your truck will be fixed properly without too many headaches.

I wish I could understand why people still drive drunk. With enhanced penalties and media awareness, it is no secret that driving drunk is a bad idea. As a victim of the crime, you should be able to contact your local state attorney (or whatever they call it in your state) and keep them aware of the situation. They often try to get DUIsto plea to a deal to reckless, etc to avoid a trial. As a victim you should be entitled to voice your opinion on pleas and restitution.

I saw some medics posted on here about cleaning up body pieces. It is heartbreaking at these crash scenes sometimes. I have caught drunks driving at 100+ miles per hour on the interstate and some going 5 mph around town. I wish I could stop drunk driving but it will never happen. But If I can get them before they cause a crash, I feel alot better about he job I do. But sometimes we are too late. I have been called every name in the book by drunks, some really hurtful words, but it comes with the territory. Also, DUIs have become extensive amounts of paperwork, depositions, suppression hearings, etc on the officer. The more money a defendant has, the more a lawyer will do to try to get out of it. I am glad your officer did their job and locked the person up.

I can only ask that all members on the forum really be careful out there. The holidays are coming and it is a high DUI time around the country. "I has a few beers, but I'm fine"...I have heard this many times. Remember to be prepared if a crash happens. Keep a cheap disposable camera or digital camera in your glove box. If you get hit, take some pictures ASAP. Alot of times people will realize they messed up and will take off from the crash. People will claim they weren;t driving or their car was stolen at the time of the crash. A quick pictures of the other driver and a tag number really makes a difference. Just something to think about. Sometimes people look at a tag driving away but it will be off by a few digits, sometimes evidence just helps find the driver without a tag number.

example: http://www.news-journalonline.com/Ne...ST02112607.htm

Please be careful out there...

Old 11-28-2007, 11:25 PM
flgto

ORIGINAL: braaap11889

OMG my dads truck could run over other cars (with not damage to his truck). Litterally if he got rearended they would probably hit the tires unless they were in a full size truck. I know that the hitch is at roof line of my subaru svx and if i rear ended him it would just hit the tires and probably axle depending on if he has the drop hitch in or not.
THIS MESSAGE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE:

However, I just want to point out something. I am slowly becoming a fan of upgrading/modifying the truck I bought...and it is a ton of fun. I just want to point out, to make sure your mods are legal. When reading the description of the poster's father truck and the height, I had to say something. Make sure you vehicle is within your jurisdiction's bumper requirements. Example: If someone rear ended your truck, but measurements and pictures show that the truck was too high and the bumper was not functional...you could see some headaches. Just something to think about...protect yourself from the legal battles!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:52 PM
braaap11889
Rookie

Its actually not his truck he drives it for a buddy (who is fightingin the war)to shows and tows a victory vegas jackpot with matching paint scheme. It is not legal in maine but it has florida plates so we are legal kind of.... He has driven it twice with no trailer and that was to the detail shop in NH. But it does have 40's and over a 12inch lift I think... (I know its a kelderman airride lift(i think its a 12-16" lift) (but truely its is only a show truck but if it did get rear ended the person is better off hitting the tires than being wedged under a bumper IMO.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Dire Wolf
Professional

Quick update:
Its been going really well since the accident. Allstate took total liability and has done an estimate for just over $3000, now I can bring her anywhere to get her fixed I just have to do some research to find a good shop around here. I didnt notice this until today when I was at the adjuster but he hit me so hard that it knocked my bed into the cab and put a dent in the cab, also the bed isnt lined up right the left side is about 1/2" closer to the cab. I will post pics of before and after when she gets fixed.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:14 AM
speeddemon145
Professional

Just be glad You was in the ram I was hit in a 95 Mits Mirage waiting on a red light by a women in a suv. was drive car to save on gas. she hit me so hard I hit the F 150 in front of me set off my air bags and pushes me and the f 150 over 100 feet. saw her coming up fast in mirror but was stuck behind the F150. before I could do anything she hit me knocked me out for a few mins.but I was ok just black eyed and a deep cut over my eye from all the swelling. now I drive truck all the time that hit hurt like hell, and I was lucky not to be killed or worse.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27658/3D5E50E78D774657897433386D7D4BFB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27658/ACAA5D0280B941B59D0842D65F142A47.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27658/2858A87DFBD240F282A85684FDAE42FC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Just got rear ended by a drunk guy