3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MPG for the big tire big lift guys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:32 AM
matsram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MPG for the big tire big lift guys!!!!

i went up north this last weekend, with my truck i run 315/70/17 tires and 3:92 gears, i pulled a 18' hallmark enclosed trailer with three selds in it the display on my celing was reading 6.1 mpg i think this was faily close because it used two tanks of fuel to go from detroit to ******* at 65 mph i just couldn,t get the truck to go any faster. what kind of gears do some of you guys run or was it just too much for the hemi qc 4x4

Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 AM
atlaticblueram
Professional

HankL you are just a whinny little B***H i have a tool box in my truck it might not have a rope, but it has a chain. It also might not have vice grips and duct tape, but it does have about $3000.00 worth of snap-on tools in it. If you want to flame on some one i suggest you come here to SAINT LOUIS MISSOURI and i will flame your *** all across this town. Until you and your little truck grow some ***** shut the f*&K up!! My truck has probably spent more time in the mud than David Hasselhof spent in the sand on baywatch!!

BTW: I get 11.3 on the highway and 9.3 in the city. If the ol' supercharger wasnt locked up i would get 17.2 highway and 14.3 city sometimes a little more on the high way depends on how heavy my foot is that day.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-04-2007, 11:09 AM
atlaticblueram
Professional

hey not to get off topic or anything but Macs04ram what part of STL are you from because i think i have see your truck here in STL.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Macs04Ram

I am guessing that hank must drive around with the bed full of stuff and towing a trailer all the time. If not than why did you buy a truck if you dont tow every day

Quick Reply: MPG for the big tire big lift guys!!!!