3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Flow XDI - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
chongo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Flow XDI - Installed

Ok, the Fed Ex guy dropped off my intake earlier this afternoon - I opened the box and my first impression is the thing is huge - after taking everything out and matching it with the parts list I found that I was missing the 3/4" hose - everything else was there. So, I took an extended lunch break to do the install. I ran by NAPA on the way home and picked up the 3/4" hose. On my way home I made a quick run from a stop - I can't remember the distance exactly but I have it on my GPS - anyway - the top speed was 85.9mph - so I will run the same distance on the same road tonight when I get home and see what the top speed is and see if there is anydifference. This intake is very loud when you put your foot in it- it sounds like your muffler has been moved to your engine bay - deep throaty roar - is how I would describe it. The install is pretty straight forward and the directions are easy to follow - I will post up some pictures a little later tonight - overall I am happy with the intake.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 PM
drhunter
Professional
Default RE: True Flow XDI - Installed

I am seriously thinking about getting the XDI here pretty soon. (The wife usually gives me that look when I mention buying upgrades for the truck or else I would have it already lol) I like a deep throaty roar sound. Can you still carry a casual conversation when you're on the gas or do you need to speak up alittle now that its a bit louder? Can't wait to see the pics!

Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 PM
chongo
Veteran

The only time it gets really loud is when you are WOT - but in normal driving it isn't to bad.

I went and ran the same road and it's .4 miles - this time I got it up to 90.5mph and even had a little tire spin so it definetly provided some improvement - I want to run it again - just to compare - but will wait till I get this taken care of========>>>> I ran into the worse case of death wobble I have ever experienced in any vehicle in my life - I know the alignment is a little off (not that bad though) - and the front tires are older ( but still plenty of wear left) but it scared the hell out of me - it felt like the truck was falling apart around me - I am surprised I was able to keep it in my lane. Anyone got any ideas on this?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've heard this from a lot of '06 & '07 owners. A lot more than previous years, although you still hear about it from an occasional '02-'05 1500 owner, it doesn't seem to be nearly as prevelant as the newer models. Hopefully someone with a '06+ that has has had the "Death Wobble" issue fixed will chime in. I have heard a good many complain about it, but can't recall anyone ever having it 100% fixed...

Old 11-29-2007, 07:10 PM
chongo
Veteran

">

Before
">

Installed
">

Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
chongo
Veteran

Okay somehow I double posted the pictures side by side - Hammer - so the death wobble isn't out of the norm then? This was the first time I have taken it over 85 but I still don't like the idea that if I do then this happens. It has happened before - not nearly as bad if I hit a bad spot in the road doing 70 -75 but still nothing like this.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

I just had a problem where my truck shook like hell on the high way and I took it to the dealership and it was a problem with my mds software the reprogramed it and now it's fine,

Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

That's the cleanest engine bay i've ever seen

Old 11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
1 Big B
Professional

I want one[sm=icon_rock.gif]