3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Struggles

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
BC Evans
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struggles

Have been attempting to sell my 05 Dodge SLT Std Cab with only 18K miles at or near low book. This vehicle is in excellent condition. Any thoughts as to how I can go about it further. Have attempted local papers, local college lot etc...thank you

Old 12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
MoparRob
Veteran
Default RE: Struggles

Craigslist.org is huge here. I have sold two motorcycles on it and its free. Might give it a try.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
manualagain
Professional

Got a CarMax near you? They aren't bad to deal with, no haggling, they'll appraise your vehicle and give you an offer on on the spot. Offer is good for 7 days. They're only interested in vehicles that are in good shape, no accident history, or signs of abuse. Depending on the market for your vehicle they often do better than low book.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your local craigslist is a good place to try and it is free. It is very frustrating trying to sell a vehicle that you know is worth a certain price and nobody wants to pay it. I’ve been there and done that. The true value is market driven and it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Use the blue book only as a gauge, not a guarantee. Also, the longer you sit on it the less it’s worth. Very frustrating. Red

Old 12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
adamwade
Rookie

Be very patient. The market for trucks right now is way down with the cost of fuel.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Gonna be real hard to get anywhere near retail book out of it, with gas the way it is, dealers down here have pickups listed in the paper for 25-35% off book and that's before going in and beating them down on the price.
A buddy of mine just got a 1500 4x4 QC Hemi that KBB'd for about $16,700 retail, dealer had it listed in the paper for about $1000 less than that and he got them down to $13,800 and took it. So that is like what, about 22% off book value, at a dealership, and you know people are gonna look to pay less on a private deal than at a dealer...

Quick Reply: Struggles