3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Installing factory running boards

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
MATKO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing factory running boards

I have a 2003 dodge ram quad cab, I bought a used set of 2003 factory oem running boards and I cant figure how to install them.They came with 8 u bolts [they are u bolts looking bolts with one side longer]. when I line up the running boards under the cab the middle running board brackets line up with the oval holes that are rubber pluged on the underside of the truck[ do I drill the top hole insert the u bolt in the oval hole?]The ends of the running board brackets line up to a large square hole [I tried to find a carrage bolt to fit but cant find one big enough to fit the 1" x 1" hole]. PLEASE HELP

Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
helopilot
Veteran
Default RE: Installing factory running boards

Send me an email to webmaster@ch47.org and I will send you a PDF file of the install instructions.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:07 PM
helopilot
Veteran

email sent, if you don't get it try your junk email as sometimes my address ends up there.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:34 PM
MATKO

Thank you for the pdf. instructions.They are helpfull and gave me a few ideals but they are differt from my set up.I think ill posts some pics
thanks
mark

Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Kooda
Rookie

I installed a set of Mopar factory running boards on my 06. They are the molded runningboards like what was on the Quad Cab Daytona Roms. The kit came with some template decals that you lined up with the body lines under the body. It would be a Pain in the Azz to line the the holes up correctly with out these templates.

You might try callingyour localDodge parts department and see if you can order a set...or look at a set and make copies of them.

Quick Reply: Installing factory running boards