3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:43 PM
bmxox
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

It just started happening in the past 2 days, but every once in a while I get this single chime that sounds like my gas light is coming on. Ive heard it at least 15 times and its completely random, sometimes within 5 minutes of start up and then sometimes while im driving. The last time I heard it I just happened to be looking at the cluster when it happened and I noticed the break light flashed along with what I think was the abs light, it was very quick though so Im not sure, but I'm pretty sure nothing lit up every other time. Anyone else have anything like this happen? I think Im going to get it scanned for abs codes tomorrow. BTW its a 04 1500 qc 4x4 hemi

Old 12-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Jetpig
Professional
Default RE: Random Chime

A buddy of mine has an 02 sport and his started doing that too along with a very very quick blink of a "lamp out" indication. The lamp out was on and off so quick he didn't notice it for quite some time as to what it was. Just a maybe???

Old 12-28-2005, 11:46 PM
bmxox
Professional
Default RE: Random Chime

I saw it again today and it was definitly abs and the brake light. I didnt get it scanned yet for codes though.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Joesue7
Default RE: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

I have an 04 SRT10 and have the flashing abs and brake light. I reported it rto the dealer, but they could not find the problem. Let me know how you make out. This is a good forum. I am surprised it took so long for me to find it. Joe

Old 12-29-2005, 11:36 PM
bmxox
Professional

ORIGINAL: Joesue7
I reported it rto the dealer, but they could not find the problem. Let me know how you make out.

I have a feeling thats whats going to happen if I go there.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:57 PM
wmichell227
Veteran

Is your speed-o dropping to zero at the same time too?

Old 01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Joesue7

I have not noticed the speedometer drop to zero. It happens very fast, I hear the chime, I look at the ABS and Brake light and its all clear again. I can happen at any time. It even happened sitting still.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:26 AM
bmxox
Professional

ORIGINAL: Joesue7

I have not noticed the speedometer drop to zero. It happens very fast, I hear the chime, I look at the ABS and Brake light and its all clear again. I can happen at any time. It even happened sitting still.

Exactly my answer to the question. Although I do not think the speedo is dropping out, even though it all happens so fast, I have seen the lights flash a few times and I think by now I would have notice if the speedo dropped out, and it has also happened sitting still for me as well.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:40 AM
monoxide83
Rookie

I have just had this happen as well. I hooked it up to my OBDII code reader and nothing came up. I am not sure why htis is happening.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 AM
bmxox
Professional

It sucks, I know its most likely not something serious because there would be codes or the lights would be on for at least more than a half a second but its just annoying to be cruising down the road in your new truck and have lights and chimes going off randomly. Hopefully someone sees this thread that had the same problem and got it fixed.

Quick Reply: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.