3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What the @#%$!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
ray97
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the @#%$!!!!!!!!

Does Dodge use the cheapest plastic when it comes to making our dashboards or what??? I had a 97 Ram and the dash split on it down the middle and now on my 03 the dash is split from the windshield to the top of the radio. I just bought this 6 months ago and it did not have a crack I made sure to check for it, I put a nice dashcover on it to help protect it from the AZ sun....and I just looked at it today and it is split like a pig. I have never seen anything like this before. I know it will cost me about a grand I'm sure to replace it, because I know that is not something that I can handle doing myself. Damn I Love my truck and wouldn't anything else, I know I have to take the good with the badd, but DAMN!!! [:@]
Ok I am done rantin, thanks for listening.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:12 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: What the @#%$!!!!!!!!

ouch... i know the problem was in the 2n gens... first time i heard about it in the third gens.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM
ray97
Veteran

I think I have heard of a few with the 3rd gens but man this really pisses me off!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
eltupac
All Star

Seriously dude, how much do you really think that truck cost to build. You got your union workers that make more than engineers, then you got to pay the engineers, then the execs that make in the 6 numbers, then there is the car dealer. And if its anything like that fat *** in King of Cars, they make in the 6 numbers or more, then there is the car sales person with commission, then there is the dealership overhead cost. So your $30,000 HEMI really costs about $15,000 and thats just my guess. It could be more or less. So the parts have to be cheaper so everyone gets their bling bling. Your dash was probably made in China and cost $20 to make. Your charge $200. That's just MHO.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:48 PM
ray97
Veteran

I know that everyone has to make there money somewhere and I know that every truck has it's own issues but I mean the DASH. Good Lord, they need to buy them from the same people in china that the other guys do..hahaha

Old 12-04-2007, 02:24 PM
pilothooks86

our dashs probably have led in them too from over there. thats probably their problem. hate it happened to you

Old 12-04-2007, 03:23 PM
The BIG STEAK

I agree, I hate when they cheap out. Like I mentioned in an earlier post about the 'Low washer fluid' light. Why would they take that out????? Wiring harness, washer bottle sensor, light in the dash. Thats nothing!!!!, it was already there!!!!!!. Driving around up here in Central Ontario Canada in the winter time, its a bloody necessity. Ran out on the highway after I left my house a few kilometers away then I was stuck buying seriously marked up WW fluid at the road side gas station. I HAVE CASES OF THE STUFF AT HOME!!!.

Sorry about the rant, really pisses me off. These little cheap outs can really make people think about the competition, FORD or CHEVY, here I come.....

STEAK

Old 12-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Ben D.
Champion

and you won't run into that with chevy or ford lol. o and big steak how hard is it to just pop the hood and check lol. I say people need to learn to check things instead of having idiot lights all over the dash for people that don't know wtf they are doing.takes literally two seconds while ur pumping gas to check washer fluid and oil and otherprecious fluids. which you can do while the truck if filling up.that's why they call them idiot lights. because only idiots need them......