3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LITTLE DOTS OF RUST ON YOUR PAINT? FIX HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:27 AM
7floorsofhell
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LITTLE DOTS OF RUST ON YOUR PAINT? FIX HERE!!

I own a mobile detailing company and ran into a thread somebody thought their paint was rusting. ITS NOT!! what it is is rail dust, def- brake dust on paint meets mother nature then whammo, It looks like your rotting out. Heres the fix. Buy a clay bar kit from auto zone or wherever, probably Meguires for the homeowner product, mist one section of vehicle at a time, ( wash truck first) then apply clay bar as if you were waxing with it, keep paint moist for lube. do entire vehicl like this, wash vehicle again, dry, then wax. your truck will look better than the day you bought it. then feel the paint, smoothe as glass. I have done this to thousands of cars, it does not scratch!!!!!! do check clay when doing it though, if you pick up a large piece of tar or whatever, that can. lighter color trucks you will notice the spots a lot more obviously. however, dark color trucks, when you clay, you pull all the dirt out of all your swirl marks that were not obvious before, we always use a glaze cleaner/wax on black and blue to shine and get the swirls out. never wax without claying, all your doing is waxing over dirt. clay cleans and opens the pores of the paint to hold the wax in. your shine and repellance will last more than twice as long than if you don't clay. try it, I promise you'll be amazed!!! www.suncoastdetailing.com my mobile company.

[IMG]local://upfiles/79929/29754DCDB19349CE98669465D3E515C2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2007, 12:58 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker
Default RE: LITTLE DOTS OF RUST ON YOUR PAINT? FIX HERE!!

Clay bars are the shi*

But, if you drop it, or set it on the ground, just throw that mf'er away, cause it will scratch the hell outta it oafte that

Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 AM
zenkhky95

thanks for the info.....i'll do that in the spring for sure

Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
TANKZ400
All Star

now my truck has about 10000 mile's on it and i want to wax it for the winter do i need to clay bar it first or clean glaze then clay bar

Old 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
7floorsofhell
Professional

even new trucks dont necessarily mean they are clean. they have been sitting somewhere till it was sold collecting crap from the sky on it. for the winter, just wash and wax it for now. in spring, to get the best results, clay bar it.

Quick Reply: LITTLE DOTS OF RUST ON YOUR PAINT? FIX HERE!!