3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leaking water pump at 57K

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Splashman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking water pump at 57K

My water pump is leaking. Not sure where from but I found it odd that it's bad already at 57K miles. I'm making the assumption that this wouldn't be covered on the powertrain warranty? It's an 2004 so my bumper to bumper is long gone.

Looks like they are about $65 to replace. Any tricks or tips on changing it out? This is definitely not my first water pump change.... however this is the first time I'm working on the HEMI... all the other bugs were fixed under warranty.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Leaking water pump at 57K

Have not had to do one on a Hemi, either, but water pumps are a cheap easy fix. I'm sure if you've done one before, you won't have any problems. It's probably just a fluke, I've not read anything where water pumps are an issue on our trucks.
I had a Ford Astro Van as a company vehicle when I owned my business in Ga.a few years back. Ate them up, I was going to Advanced Auto for one almost as often as I was changing the oil. Got towhere I was keeping a spare one in theback of the van...

Quick Reply: Leaking water pump at 57K