3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Does dealer hassle you about mods for warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Hemiroid
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does dealer hassle you about mods for warranty work

My understanding of the law (at least in California) is that if they determine the modification caused the problem work wont be covered under warranty, otherwise it has no negative affect.

Has anyone had bad experiences with mods and warranty repairs?

Old 12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does dealer hassle you about mods for warranty work

yeah thats pretty true...some crooked dealers will try and say that your mods caused the problem when they clearly didn't and most people will just go with it because they don't know any better

Old 12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Does dealer hassle you about mods for warranty work

+1
I had a buddy of mine with a Ford F-150 that had tranny issues at two years and 31k miles.The dealer's service manager told him that since he had a cat back exhaust it constituted modifying his truck and that the estimated $1200 bill would not be covered under warranty.
He was so pissed he called me from his wife's car in the parking lot. I told him to go inside and tell the service mgr. that he just got off the phone with his atty, and his atty advised him that they would be getting a letter referring to the Magnuson/Moss Act whereby, a law suite would be filed. The service mgr. told him it would not be necessary, as he had "just" gotten off the phone with the regional rep, and they agreed, in the "essence" of good customer relations, to fix it under warranty. YEA, RIGHT!!!

Quick Reply: Does dealer hassle you about mods for warranty work