3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need help with 08 seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
jestyr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with 08 seat

i just bought an 08 1500 and the damn seat is about the most uncomfortable thing i think i have ever sat upon. now before the flames begin, yes i knew it was uncomfortable when i bought it. but i had heated leather seats put in, which had more padding and made things a bit better. but still its not very good. i'm a big guy, 6'2" - 275 lbs, and after about 30 - 40 mins of sitting...well, my *** starts to hurt. about half way up the seat there is a hump that cuts me just the wrong way. does anyone know of a good aftermarket seat that would be a comparable replacement (leather, heated and can make use of the motorized seat adjustments)? or even a way to modify the seat to make it better. if i could make the seat deeper that would work as well. any other ideas?

Old 12-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Hemiroid
Professional
Default RE: need help with 08 seat

dare i say... lose some weight ? :shrug:

just kidding, i'm 6'6" and 250lbs I find the seat rather comfortable, though i can tell within a year or less its going to be worn out from my weight. Have you tried adjusting the lumbar support?

Old 12-20-2007, 09:25 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I gotta agree Jestyr, I'm about your size, 6'3" and about 270 lbs. The leather seats in my '04 are not terrible, but they are not very good either. I've had leather seats in all 3 Grand Cherokees I had/have and let me tell you, they are like sitting in your favorite leather recliner in your living room compared to the Ram leather seats...

Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM
jestyr

i dont really think it is an issue with my weight (but i am down 22 lbs so far ), but more of an issue with my height. it's like the seat isnt really deep enough.

...edited to add...
oh and yes, i have tried adjusting all the settings i can on the seat. and by the way, other than the seat, loving my first dodge thus far.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 PM
benefactr
Amateur

I know when I bought my 04 Ram, the seats killed my back at first, then I guess after a month or so all was fine... I guess they just broke in or my back adjusted.. Though when I got my 06 I never had any discomfort... These are just regular seats not leather... Seems like I heard of others getting more padding put in their seats.. Thanks.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Hemiroid
Professional

after driving an acura coupe,

sitting in my dodge feels like sitting in a couch chair

Quick Reply: need help with 08 seat