3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

do all 06 and up hemi 1500s have MDS

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:44 PM
dieseldoc1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: do all 06 and up hemi 1500s have MDS

just order cam and lifters and tell them it's a mega cab hemi from mopar.no need to go aftermarket.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

I think you would still have to have the computer re-flashed... Not sure tho

Old 12-24-2007, 08:16 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Peddler,
Somebody has pissed in your wheateana buddy. I play golf every sunday with the same 3 guys, one of whom is a salesman at my local Chrysler/Jeep dealer and another is the General Sales Manager. It was confirmed to me that it could/can not be ordered with or without MDS. Simply, the 1500 SC & QC trucks have come with itsince the release of the '06 model and the Megacab's and 2500's have not. I asked him if he could double check this and his reply was "don't need to, I know the answer to this as well as I know my own name".
Also Mopat does not make a "kit" to replace the valves, etc. that make up the MDS, so the dealer would not have been able to make that change. If, indeed, your '06 does not have MDS, it went to a performance shop for the modification.
Ok! Talked with the guy that had the truck before me lastnight ( he lives nextdoor ). He said he had the dealer take the truck to a performance shop to have all the work done before he picked it up. The truck cost around $35000, and the other $6000 came from the work the shop done. He showed me all the paper work on the deal. He just always told me he picked the truck up that way, so I just thought he ordered it that way.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:15 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Cool beans, peddler!
That would be the only way it could have been done.
Did your neighbor give you a copy of the bill from the performance shop? If he didn't, you should ask him for it, or get it from the dealer who contracted the work. I'd love to know what all he had done for his $6000. Although I'd figure the Non-MDS kit with PCM flash would no doubt be about a third of that total with labor to replace your lifters & core plugs and everything.
Just curious to know what all has been done. I'm thinking probably a good aftermarket cam & springs at least? You should also post up the dyno's of your truck, I'd love to know what kind of HP & torque numbers you're putting up. Your neighborwould have them if he did not provide themto you. But, I couldn't see him selling you the truck without putting those numbers in your face as a selling point.If he says he doesn't have them, call BS on him as noperformance shop would have done that much work without a trip on the dyno to show the gains.
Us guys with tuners can return our trucks to stock for trips to the dealer but since I'm looking into a cam that will require a custom tune I'm curious to how you deal withthe custom flash when you take it to the dealer for anything?
I've done all the cosmetic & off-road mods to my truck that I've wanted to do, but I'm only about half done with my intended performance mods. I'd love to see what all was done to yours and the gains they achieved so I can kinda gauge where I want to go with mine.

Thanks,
Hammer...

Old 12-24-2007, 10:00 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Cool beans, peddler!
That would be the only way it could have been done.
Did your neighbor give you a copy of the bill from the performance shop? If he didn't, you should ask him for it, or get it from the dealer who contracted the work. I'd love to know what all he had done for his $6000. Although I'd figure the Non-MDS kit with PCM flash would no doubt be about a third of that total with labor to replace your lifters & core plugs and everything.
Just curious to know what all has been done. I'm thinking probably a good aftermarket cam & springs at least? You should also post up the dyno's of your truck, I'd love to know what kind of HP & torque numbers you're putting up. Your neighborwould have them if he did not provide themto you. But, I couldn't see him selling you the truck without putting those numbers in your face as a selling point.If he says he doesn't have them, call BS on him as noperformance shop would have done that much work without a trip on the dyno to show the gains.
Us guys with tuners can return our trucks to stock for trips to the dealer but since I'm looking into a cam that will require a custom tune I'm curious to how you deal withthe custom flash when you take it to the dealer for anything?
I've done all the cosmetic & off-road mods to my truck that I've wanted to do, but I'm only about half done with my intended performance mods. I'd love to see what all was done to yours and the gains they achieved so I can kinda gauge where I want to go with mine.

Thanks,
Hammer...
I will ask him about the dyno gains, but he did'nt sell me the truck, he tryed to but I did not have $35000 so after he traded it I went down and traded for it myself. I know some of the stuff he had done was a different rearend and gears with posi traction, that is sweet, and he had it lowered 1" allway around.

Old 06-13-2023, 09:45 PM
Billywilbur73
Default I have a 2006 ram I out a ATK none mds engine in

I put a Atk none mds 5.7 in I got a bully dog tuner in a still having problems s ATK said use hp tuner but all the cam swap kits use Diablo tuner so I wonder if I can send my computer off to get tundra instead

Old 06-14-2023, 08:53 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 222 Likes on 202 Posts

Quick Reply: do all 06 and up hemi 1500s have MDS