3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 Mega Cab IPOD Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:38 AM
GoDawgs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Mega Cab IPOD Help

Hello - I have an 08 Meag Cab with the Nav system. I thought that the new nav radios had the IPOD jack built in?? Do I need to buy the ipod intergation kit (that mounts in the glove box) to hook my IPOD up?

Thanks

Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 AM
SWOS Chief
Veteran
Default RE: 08 Mega Cab IPOD Help

I installed the integration kit you are talking about in my Ram. Wish I would have just bought the same one I bought my wife that you charge via the lighter. They both use the FM tuner, only difference is that the integration kitplugs into the antennae jack on the stereo for a more direct feed. Wife doesn't have any problems with hers though and it was cheaper/no install required. Having the line running out of the glove box is a pain too as it is another thing in the cab to get tangled up. Just my .02 cents. If you want any info or pics on it let me know.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:00 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i tryed the fm transmitter... the one i had was a total POS didnt work for s*** which one did you use SWOS?

Old 12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

I bought a Belkin plugin for my wife's BMW, it works great, has 4 preset channels in case one is being used by a local station. Works great, plugs right into the lighter, cost like $70 at Kohls. I bought the one listed on the site to the right that sells MOPAR products, had to hard wire it into the stereo and drill a hole in the glove box, all for a little worse set up then what I got my wife. If I could do it over I would just buy one like hers.
The important thing to remember is that the one listed to the right IS a FM transmitter, which I didn't realize, it is just connected directly to the antenae.

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

i tryed the fm transmitter... the one i had was a total POS didnt work for s*** which one did you use SWOS?

Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Rgory
Rookie

Well there are two versions of the kit. As some have already mentioned one is no more than a glorified fm transmitter. There is however another one that integrates it. This is the one I have. It provides a harness that you plug into the back of th radio and mount the cord in the glove box, or I chose the center console. This integration kit charges your i-pod and allows you to control the i-pod via the radio and radio screens. It takes a little getting used to but its an alright solution and sounds great. It will emulate your satelite radio so you will have to give up your sat presets. The part number for the kit I used is 82209617.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i just got a new ipod transmitter tonight...
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Griff...oductDetail.do

WORKS GREAT!!!! i was amazed to find one that works! it was 55 dollars instant savings!

Quick Reply: 08 Mega Cab IPOD Help