3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel pressure gauge question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 AM
7floorsofhell
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure gauge question

my teachers always said the only dumb question is the one never asked. anyways, on my exterior fuel pressure gauge, the mystery fluid (water and coolant?) is low in the face of the gauge which is annoying me, is that what the fluid is and can i top it off through the vent on top? its an AutoMeter if that helps.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: fuel pressure gauge question

ORIGINAL: 7floorsofhell

my teachers always said the only dumb question is the one never asked. anyways, on my exterior fuel pressure gauge, the mystery fluid (water and coolant?) is low in the face of the gauge which is annoying me, is that what the fluid is and can i top it off through the vent on top? its an AutoMeter if that helps.
I am confused by this question.... Why would you put water into your fuel pressure gauge?

Being on the outside of the vehicle it is condensation. They only way to get rid of it is to let it dry then seal the gauge so no more moisture can get in. Maybe the gauge was not intended to be outside the truck. WHo did the work on your truck, maybe they know the model of the gauge, you could then find out if it is recommended if it should be outside or not.

Edit.... Seeing you are in Ohio, if you drive your truck daily I would say give up on keeping it outside your truck and keeping the moisture out of it. The cold, then warm, rain and snow will find its way in.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 PM
sschevy400
Professional

I think he's saying its a liquid filled gauge...and the water level in the gauge is gettin low. I'm sure water and antifreeze will not hurt it. Just turn it a little green...Try 90% alcohol. Its clear, and you can buy it at CVS. Its also what they use to put in thermometers cause it would not freeze.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:47 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

Not sure if its the same stuff but the PSI gauges we use at work have some type of clear oil. Not sure what type it is but I will try to find out. But when the gauges leak, there is no doubt it is some sort of oil so maybe its different stuff than what your gauge has.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Kevin58145
Default whats the correct fuel pressure?

i've searched everywhere and cant seem to find the WOT fuel pressure for the stock 5.7 hemi (2004 Ram) if any one knows that would be great!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive got a ton of liquid filled 160PSI gauges if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure gauge question