3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Divin' in head first............

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:32 PM
07Hemi696
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Divin' in head first............

First of all i just wanted to say this is an awesome website. Tons of useful information! Now down to buisness...............After reading about the different performance mods that everyone has done I have caught the fever. Tonight, I am ordering the tru flow xdi intake and superchips programer. I will also be contacting local muffler shops for the exhaust, which I am still a little undecided. Anyways,I do have a question for you guys running the superchips. How long have you been using it? Are there any ill effects from using it long term with just a cold air intake and cat back exhaust? This is my first v8 truck and I love it. I don't want to damage it in any way.

Thanks again..............

Old 01-01-2008, 03:36 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Divin' in head first............

07, Lifetime Warranty Baby!

Welcome to the forums, I actually just purchased a superchips programmer about oh, 10 minutes ago so I can't really talk to much about them yet, however everyone on here that has them swear by them, hence why I went ahead and bought it. As far as the true flow xdi, I think that's a good choice, I haven't gotten back around to re-ordering mine yet, but it will be in the near future.

Welcome to the forums, you'll find out quickly that you'll love this place just as much as your truck....

Old 01-01-2008, 03:42 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The product has been out for a while and I've not heard of any problems with vehicles running it. They stay within CARB specs, so I highly doubt they take anything out of spec to far enough to cause issues. Almost 2 years with mine on Performance Tune with no problems whatsoever.
The ole' Cat-back, CAI & tuner mods are the first 3 perf. mods anyone should start with IMO...

Old 01-01-2008, 03:47 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

True flow is a great choice for intake!!! the superchips is prolly the best tuner available right now... I like mine no problems thus far.... exhuast i love my magnaflow!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:22 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Frist welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about the programmer, don't have one. I do have the true flow intake on the way right now. As far as exhaust I like Magnaflow.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 PM
livetokite
Veteran

welcome to the forum

flowmaster 40 series would be a great choice, if you want to hear it, i'll post some vids of mine.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:48 PM
07Hemi696
Amateur

Thanks for the responses guys. It sure helps to talk to people who have/are using the products. I will let you guys know how it goes as soon as I get everything ordered and installed. Now I will begin the research on the exhaust.............I'm leaning toward the magnaflow right now...............

livetokite..........post some vids when you get a chance. I am going to try to make a decision on the exhaust soon. Thanks!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:08 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

yea i do reccomend the magnaflow.... it is all stainless steel... the muffler is a straight through design for performance.... and it sounds great!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

I've read good things about the XDI intake so far...the selction on programmers is far from huge but superchips is supposed to be one of the better ones.

I'm personally waiting for diablosport to come out with the predator for hemi trucks. I had one for my old 5.3 Silvy and LS1 maro, for a handheldit by far has the most options and best tunes...plus you can download custom tunes on it through your home puter(with a speed density setup like the hemi that is a must have IMO).

Old 01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the magnaflow, but I LOVE my Flowmaster 50 Series HD. It's a little loud for the wife, but for me, it sounds like a Hemi. You can click on the links in my signature to hear it, however I've noticed if you don't have any decent speakers for your computer, the vids don't do it any justice...

Quick Reply: Divin' in head first............