3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electronic Throttle Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Animal Mother
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does this every time i take a road trip when im using the cruise control for a few hours, which is about once or twice a month now. When it goes into limp mode i just pull over, turn it off for a minute, then go. The CEL light stays on for a day or so but then disappears. Funny how this is happening to 03's

Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
peejay46

Originally Posted by abarmby
Do the key trick and find out what codes are being thrown.
What you do is, turn the ignition keyfrom the off to just when the ignition only lights come on, on the dashbaord. but not the last click on the switch so as to start it.
Quickly turn it back to the off position.
Then do this a further 2 times, making three in all and leave it in the ignition on position on the third time.
It should take 2-3 seconds to do this correctly.
Then, on this third try, look at where the oddometer displays the mileage on your dashboard display.
You will find that the computer runs through some checks and any codes that have been thrown, will be displayed in the oddometer as P---- a 4 digit number.
Make a note of these codes and the prefix letter.
Do a search on this board for error codes and look them up.
This will tell you what system/part, is causing your check lights to come on.
That will narrow things down a bit.
Post your codes up on this board and the guys will give you a heads up, on what to either check/clean or replace.
This will work for 03 Hemis and others,as I do it on my 03 and it works 100%.
If you can't get the codes up in the oddometer display, your turning your key incorrectly.
Hope this helps and post up your codes.
Al.
Hey Al,

will the "key turn on" trick work to get the codes for a 2004 dodge ram hemi truck?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
peejay46

Hey all will the "key turn on" trick work for an '04 dodge ram hem truck?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Sonya

My mother in-laws 2003 dodge ram gave these codes P2175 and P2106. The ETC light comes on with the check engine light (malfunction indicator light), when the ETC light comes on it doesn't shift right and it bogs down when she accelerates and acts like it cuts out then it will take off. If she shuts the truck off the ETC light goes out but the check engine stays on for a while. Please help if you can! Thanks ")

Old 07-28-2010, 06:27 PM
MongoDV8
Professional

P2175 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Low Airflow Detected

P2106 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Forced Limited Power

Old 10-13-2010, 02:18 PM
skilling
Default electronic throttle control

I have an 03 dodge ram 2500 hemi with the electronic throttle control problem. I am getting a code p0441 from the odometer when I turn the ignition on and off three times. Can you tell me what the code is for and what to do about it? It has gone into limp mode twice. I shut the truck off for a few minutes and it cleared and ran fine again. Happens on three hour trips or longer. Thanks

Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You can look here at the link below for some help or you can do a simple thread search here on the board with that code as the keyword and find some help

B/C/P/U 2004-2008 codes in full details from AllData

Old 11-05-2010, 12:49 PM
DODGHEMI
Default Same codes here

Originally Posted by MongoDV8
P2175 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Low Airflow Detected

P2106 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Forced Limited Power
Hi all, I have these codes as well. What should I change? 03 ram hemi. Thanks

Old 11-05-2010, 02:15 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You can start with that link in the post right above yours and doing thread searches on the site for other members who have had the same issues. That way you can see what they did if any to resolve it

Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
knightridergsxr

just joined because i googled this issue and this board came up. mine seems to be getting some crappy gas milege now. i had the same issue come up where it seemed like i left the trans on the ground a mile back. pulled over, off then on, and away i went. CEL went away 2 days later. i just dont want this to be an on going issue. where is this ETC located so i can clean it like stated above? I downloaded the manual but all i see in there is the wiring.

ohh and the dealer was no help either. the guy didnt even seem to care what the deal was and wanted me to spend like 100 bucks for him to even look at the issue....jerk

thanks people for any help. this seems like it should be a recall with all the issues.

Quick Reply: Electronic Throttle Control Problems