3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram Speaker Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
juanovm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Ram Speaker Issue

Hello All,

my 2007 truck came with navigation and as far as I knew, i thought it had 6 speakers.
Well, I finally got my build sheet and noticed that it says 4; I went looking for the window sticker, and it says

6 Bose speakers, and then almost towards the bottom,
Bose speaker removal

So, I climbed over the dash, and notice that there are none there; and in fact I only have 4 speakers. ( one per door)
WTF??

does anybody know if the wiring for the ones on the dash is there? how difficult is it to remove the dash panel and access the area where they would be installed?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Kebo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Ram Speaker Issue

Well it is hard to tell if the wiring is there. Rams that have the 7 speaker Infinity system have an amp in the dash. The speakers wires in the truck run to that amp. So I am assuming that if you don't have that amp and there are only enough speaker wires behind the NAV unit for 4 speakers that you would have to run speaker wire to the dash locations. As far as the installation goes, in the Haynes book for my '05, the flat part of the dash where the speakers grills are can be raised up to access the speaker locations. Looks to be fairly easy to get to. Maybe somone will come along with a little more insight than I.

Quick Reply: 2007 Ram Speaker Issue