3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ugh!!! Sometimes I hate ordering Online!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ugh!!! Sometimes I hate ordering Online!!

I ordered a Bak Bakflip tonneau cover online from an internet store I will leave nameless at this time on December 20th. I got an email back from them the next day that it would be drop shipped from BAK industries and should receive it in 7 - 10 working days. I called BAK Monday, as I hadn't heard anything else, nor had I received the cover. They looked up my name, and told me they didn't have anything for me in their reference. So I called the internet vendor, the guy I talked to was real nice, he called BAK and found out that either somewhere on their end, or BAK's end my order was never put through, and of course, BAK doesn't have any in stock, and are having to make one for my order and push it out!!! So now I have to wait ANOTHER 10 working days before it gets shipped!!! The guy did say that it will probably get pushed out faster than that, but 10 days was the max!! Geezz!!!

I did get my Bully Tailgate lock in though, I like it, and would recommend that to anyone who's looking for a way to secure their tailgate. Easy install as long as you have an 8mm socket and 30 torx bit. Only trouble I had was cutting out where the people that sprayed my bedliner on masked off the access holes, but other than that it was a snap.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
luis_defreitas
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ugh!!! Sometimes I hate ordering Online!!

bro i know the feeling!

i order amp and subs by dec 28... today i am still waiting...

Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran

I hear ya bro I ordered a cai on ebay the sunday before newyears...I payed him instantly with paypal hoping he would ship it out the day after ( monday ) Instead he waited till Thursday Afternoon to send it out..and I had to wait another week... I hate people like that

Old 01-14-2008, 09:43 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an update. BAK is starting to upset me a little. I called them today, and they were very unhelpful, and the lady didn't seem to care how I felt about the situation. I simply asked her if she could look up the status of my order, and all I get is, "What'd you order?" I told her a Bakflip tonneau, and her response was, "Those orders will ship out at the end of the week." I then told her my sitiuation and simply asked again if she could just make sure that my order was in the system. I get the nice reply, "Sir I already said that all the Bakflip orders we have will ship out by the end of the week" I told her I understood, but they had already "Misplaced" my order once, and I have been waiting on this thing for over 3 weeks now. This time she tells me that b/c it was a drop ship order she didn't have anyway to find out the status of that particular order... I finally got fed up and said "fine, I guess I'll get it when I get it... So much for spending $600 and expecting a little customer service. Even if I didn't buy it from you directly, BAK is still making money off the purchase right?" I didn't wait for an answer, I just hung up... I hope the tonneau cover is good, b/c they're customer service is less than helpful...

Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

so far i've been pretty lucky with online sales... but i one of my rims took a day longer than the rest so that sucked!!! i know the feeling to that extent!

Quick Reply: Ugh!!! Sometimes I hate ordering Online!!