3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 AM
carrevan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best exhaust?

I'm looking for something really beefy/v8 sounding, gives me more power and doesn't crackle and pop! I heard Borla was a good brand, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Evan

Old 01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
bchap05
Professional
Default RE: Best exhaust?

There are a lot of posts about exhaust and it seems most people don't like most of theexhausts on the v6. Marv02 I know has tried a fewand has foundone that is more of a factory style and I think he likes it. I can't remember the brand as I hadn't heard of it before. Check around for his posts on exhaust.

I found the thread for ya.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1067782/mpage_2/tm.htm

Old 01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
eltupac
All Star

I would really like someone that has flow to try an AeroTurbine 2525. Also Marv has never posted sound bites and that just plain sucks in my book. .Come on Marv post man!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
eltupac
All Star

Marv, what is the model number? I checked the distributor here and I tell her the 19" one and she doesnt know what I am talking about.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
COYOTE10663
Professional

IMCO muffler. 3" in - 3" out.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
marv02
Captain

I dont know what part number the muffler is but here the web Site http://www.imcoweb.com/ Good luck.

I dont have a sound clip But if you just want a very nice rummble sound not real loud inside the cab and the V-8 sound outside the truck this is the one for you. No tunner car type of sounds kinda sounds like a GT Mustang at Idle for the outside nice and deep but NOT LOUD same at HWY speeds inside the cab nice good tone you know it there but not loud like a stock Gt Stang.

All l I can tell you the body of the Muffler is 20 inch long 3 inch in 3 inch out I asked one of the guys at the muffler shop that put it on he was not much help he just told me IMCO stock type of Muffler.

You always could get a hold of IMCO and ask them to send you some Info just give them the size you need.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 PM
marv02
Captain

One more thing I also running the Stock tail pipe all the way out the back with the stock Resanator If you do put this great muffler on and it not loud enough for you'r taste you can remove the resanator if that not enough for you shorten the tail pipe even to turn down tips.

Shorter the tailpipe more Cab noise you going to have and Outside Noise I dont know if the stock Dodge muffler will do this much The stock OEM muffler is Big Very Big.

I thought of changing the tail pipe so it comes out in front of the rear tire but I like the way it sounds now I dont want it loud agian.

If I do end up keeping the truck and making it a Pre runner type truck with the off road tires then I mite change the tail pipe position to the front of the rear tire.

I just wish some one that has changed the gear sets would let us know is it worth doing or not with the 3.7 + Q-cab combo's.

I much rather keep this truck after it's paid off than get anouther truck payment AGAIN for 4 to 5 more years.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:39 AM
carrevan
Rookie

Thanks guys! I'll keep you all posted.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 AM
eltupac
All Star

Marv, I know this is a lot to ask, but who is the bombshell on top of the bombshell. HE HE HE .

No really, any chance that the model number is on the muffler. I try talking to the lady at IMCO and she said there are 3 types, oem, medium and performance. I says to mable, I says, its the 19" body with 3 in and out. She hangs up on me.

Is it a round body? center in center out? is it 19" body or from inlet to outlet? I'll appreciate it man, thanks.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 AM
marv02
Captain

I looked for a Part Number no luck but It is Ovel type body I think Side in Side out the end caps are rolled then stamped In place it looks like it has some type of Silver coating on it but it rusting already in places so who knows.

As for the Girl she hot I dont know one of my buddies sent me that Pic We work for the Goverment we get all kinds of cool pictures to look at. I guess when you work on killing machines for a living you get these kind of pictures.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust?