3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 hemi, 11k miles and this........

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 AM
rowicki
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 hemi, 11k miles and this........

So we took our truck in on the tsb for neutralizing out of reverse, and some relatively hard shiffting, nothing i was too concerned about. So the dealer flashes the computer and says we'll take off the pan and check the filter just to be safe.
Mind you the only reason i was slightly concerned is because in 2 weeks we are driving to wyoming to make it our new residense. Didnt want any surprises.

Anyways the Mech. drops the pan to find it full of metal.. So after further examination he figured out the the torque converter took a crap and pumped its broken guts through the entire trans. pump gears and all

the interesting part is that because there wasnt a prob with the trans, it was just to be on the safe side, they had to wait a week for a new trans pump to come in.

Anyhow i just wanted to vent and let you all now what is going on. so if you have any issues you dont ignore them and make them worse.

Later folks

Old 01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 hemi, 11k miles and this........

that blows dude, but such is the risk you take when you have an automatic transmission

Quick Reply: 07 hemi, 11k miles and this........