3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip is installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
redram07
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip is installed

Well, the guy I bought my 3815 from sent it express post so I got it in 2 days instead of a week. The downside is I still had 3/4 of a tank of 87 octane in it. I downloaded the latest updates, although he said he had done it, just to be sure. Loaded the economy tune onto the truck. What a difference. It launched harder, better acceleration and shifts. I havent calculated the MPG yet, but according to the tripmeter, I am getting more on this tank than I usually do. Ever since new I have recorded when I filled up, so I am able to track what I usually get for MPG. Another day or two and I should be ready to fill it with the better fuel and try out the performance setting.
Stay "tuned".

Old 01-13-2008, 05:24 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Superchip is installed

Nice glad to hear ya like it!!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The 87 octane economy tune is still a good bit better than stock, especially in the tranny shift department. But wait till you get a tank of premium fuel in there, you'll love the performance tune.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's the MDS shift in Economy tune??? I can feel the MDS kick out (back into V8) on the performance tune. It's a nice little Jerk. It's starting to get on my nerves, as I've been having to put some miles on my truck that last few days. There's a couple threads on the Flashpaq forum about it, but no real answers as to why the MDS is doing it.... Will be glad when they figure out a fix for it..

Old 01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
sschevy400
Professional

hey bwhite757
i just got back from a 2000 mile trip to florida, and i could feel the kick and i dont have a tuner. It seems to be my tq converter unlocking hard!! I'm not positive that its the converter...but still. If i'm cruising at say 70, and punch it to go to pass someone, the truck bangs hard, then the rpms will move, then it downshifts.what do you think??? i'm lost

Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 AM
redram07
Amateur

I havent noticed anything annoying about the MDS on economy setting yet. I have noticed that it revs a couple hundred more on the tach,when cruising on the highway,than it did before the install.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sschevy400

hey bwhite757
i just got back from a 2000 mile trip to florida, and i could feel the kick and i dont have a tuner. It seems to be my tq converter unlocking hard!! I'm not positive that its the converter...but still. If i'm cruising at say 70, and punch it to go to pass someone, the truck bangs hard, then the rpms will move, then it downshifts.what do you think??? i'm lost
The kick I'm talking about can be from anywhere from 45mph to 75mph. It is the MDS, and it has something to do with the Performance tune with the Superchips. There is no problem with my truck when I have the stock tune in it. Yes, I know what you're talking about, when I gun it to pass someone it does shift down hard, but that's kinda what you want. You can barely touch the gas in the performance tune, and the engine with Jerk out of MDS, it won't switch any gears just go back to 8 cylinders...

Quick Reply: Superchip is installed