3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noob here! Some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
RAM0447
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob here! Some questions!

Hey yall! Not a noob to forums, but to this one. Anyway, just wondering on how to install a cd player...or uninstall the stock cd player! I tried searching, but couldn't find anything . Also, if yall could inform me how to take the door panels to replace the 6x9's. Thanks a lot! And I'll try to post some pics soon! Great to be on this forum

Old 01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Noob here! Some questions!

Yours is probably the same as my '03... Behind the bag hook is a screw. Take that out. Remove the ash tray and lower the cup holder. Turn the center vents inboard and get a good grip on the center panel around the vents. Tug it toward the back window. It'll pop loose, exposing the stock unit. There will be several wire harnesses on it (cig. lighter, A/C controls). You can leave those connected, but it's easier if you unplug 'em. The radio is held in by four screws. Take out the screws and pull the unit out. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation by getting a wire harness for the new unit to mate up with the factory wiring, and an antenna adapter. For the front dooor panels, remove the screws at the sail panel (behind theoutside mirrors), and at the bottom of the panels (2), plus the bolt under the inside door release. Once those four fasteners are out, grip the pull handle and pull straight up. You'll probably have to work the door lock button out of the panel. The window controls plug in so you'll want to unplug them. BE CAREFUL, the connectors are a bit fragile. The rear door panels come out the same way, there are just fewer screws. It all goes back in in the reverse order. Getting the door lock buttons through the panels is a bit aggravating. The manual says to disconnect the battery (pull the - terminal), an' it ain't a bad idea. If something you do sets off the airbags, you're looking at $$$$$$. Oh, and welcome aboard.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

remove screw #3 and pull on the bag hook near the screw and the bezel will come off, its a breeze from there

Name:  radio.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  79.6 KB

Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Parts/Service
Champion

Remove screws # 2 and # 4 with a phillips screwdriver and door handle with a 10 mm socket , then lift up on door panel..
Name:  door.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  66.8 KB

Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 PM
RAM0447
Professional

Window controls won't be a problem since it's all manual...so I guess I won't have to worry aboutthe fragile connectors. Wiring harness is definitly a must for me. Anyway, the stock sound system is definitly not loud at all and sounds horrible. Plus my cd player won't eject my cd's at random times as I'd rather have an aftermarket headunit and pretty nice 6x9's in the front. Hopefully this will sound much better and louder...right now I'd rather listen to my exhaust rather than the crappy sounding music! THANKS A LOT GUYS! That helped out a lot! It should be a fun little project.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Parts/Service
Champion

You are gonna find that this is much easier that you expect.....

Old 01-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Redram05baby

parts/service. Whad You Pay For Your Ranchhand?

Quick Reply: Noob here! Some questions!