3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

On To Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: On To Tires

pro comp xtreme at's have great road manners!! plus they do pretty good off road.... 40K mile warranty....

And hammer here I'll post for ya.. I think we have eachothers answers memorized

Well ive been driven lifted truck for 30 years along with my friends and [sm=icon_blah.gif]
He like dick cepeks and mickey t's and he knows people with bad experiences with pro comps.. HOWEVER not with the xtreme at's specifically...

Old 01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Redram05baby

Ok Here's Lookin' At The Pro Comps ONE More Time...

(Looking)

Alright, That Didn't Take Long... I Want You To Make an Argument Here. But Why When I Can Buy An Aggressive, Yet Quiet, Tire That Has Potential To Give Me At Least 30K Miles or More - FOR HALF The Price! I Have Owned A Set of Pro Comp X Terrains On My ZJ. The Look Of That and The X At's Look Cool, But Many Many People Have Said They Will Just Wear Like Garbage.

I Am Not Bashing By Any Means, I Have Not Had The X Terrains and I Will Fully Admitt They Were The First Tire I Wanted. But After Research They Just Don't Seem Worth The Bucks. How Many Miles Do You have On Yours So Far?

Old 01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Lash
Professional

What size tire are you looking for?

Old 01-18-2008, 05:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

pro comp xtreme at's have great road manners!! plus they do pretty good off road.... 40K mile warranty....

Well ive been driven lifted truck for 30 years along with my friends and [sm=icon_blah.gif]
He like dick cepeks and mickey t's and he knows people with bad experiences with pro comps.. HOWEVER not with the xtreme at's specifically...
First of all - I did not get my license at 10 years old. And just because I have not talked to anyone with a bad experience with the xtreme AT's isn't going to make me trust them. Not when I HAVE talked or ridden with people who've had and HATE all the other Pro Comp models. So there biotch...[8D]

Now as for the original poster here, I have only one thing to say...

Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Redram05baby

Crikeys I Am Noticing A Pattern!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Redram05baby

Hammer.. Think Your Winning This One. What'a Price!

Can't Find A Size I Want... 285/75/17 = 33.8x11.2/17

Old 01-19-2008, 12:45 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

alrite non believers!!

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1064657/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 01-19-2008, 07:04 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea Greggie, and I could link you toa post wherea guy with Boggers says they handle great on the highway and are quiet too. So your point?

Old 01-19-2008, 09:10 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

First of all - I did not get my license at 10 years old. And just because I have not talked to anyone with a bad experience with the xtreme AT's isn't going to make me trust them. Not when I HAVE talked or ridden with people who've had and HATE all the other Pro Comp models. So there biotch...[8D]

Now as for the original poster here, I have only one thing to say...

I was one of those pro com haters, had talked with enough owners who complained about the regular AT's that I would have never considered them. Then along comes a deal too good to pass up (rims & tires for $1000 bux plus my stockers, they were 2 weeks old), of course they have the xtreme at's on them. I figured they'd be gone in 30k or so... boy was I wrong. I also figured they would suck off road... again, boy was I wrong. They have been a great tire, approaching 70k on them and they have performed awesome throughout the time I've had them. I liked them so much that when I came across a deal on craigslist for the exact same set for $650 I jumped on it... emailed the guy on friday and never heard back. Monday I got an email saying that if I still wanted them I could have them for $400 bux so I jumped on it. They even still have the injection knobbies on them.

As for ride quality, they are an E rated tire (325-60-18) so I couldnt expect much in that area. and BTW, I run them at 50 psi (max is 65 IIRC). I highly recommend them for longevity and traction. I have never been stuck in snow or mud (shallow mud only... I live in CA not much rain here) because of the tire and have had great experince with them off road. I can take fresh pics if you like... again they now have close to 70k on them...

Old 01-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Redram05baby

TD You Had Me Interested In That Pro Comp Thread Until I Saw The Two Half Nude Dudes In the Bananna Hammocks - Kinda Lost Interest When I Saw That.

Quick Reply: On To Tires