3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

truck won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
manickmj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck won't start

Hi I have a 2003 dodge ram 2wd. My problem started last week. When I was on the highway stuck in traffic it kept stalling (automatic) Sometimes it would start right back up, and other times it would take a min. I got home ok when traffic lossened up and i was driving normal highway speed. I drove it the next day with no problem. Now it won't start at all. The code is for the o2 sensor (i think it was code p 0522). My friend said that would not prevent the truck from starting. Should I start with that or start with fuel issues? Also the exhuast was modified before i bought it. It looks like they just cut off the muffler. I hate it. I like it loud but this is a little too much. thanks for help in advance.

Mike

Old 01-18-2008, 06:35 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran
Default RE: truck won't start

i would have to say to check the fule, like fule pump ect. cause i know that a car will run without even having a o2 sensor. does the truck leak oil at all?

Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 PM
manickmj

no it doesn't leak oil. I don't know where i got that the code was for the o2 sensor. now I see that it was for low oil pressure. I think it may be an old code.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

well i remember how u said, that the exhaust had been cut off, and a buddy of mine cut his exhaust off and it realy messed up the packpressure on the engin and he ended up crackin his block. of it could just blow your head gaskit, but then it would b leaking oil

Old 01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
manickmj

thats not comforting, lol. I want to put a duel exhaust system on it once i get it started.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
manickmj

Oil is fine little dark, and not milky. will a cracked block leak oil?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: manickmj

Oil is fine little dark, and not milky. will a cracked block leak oil?
Sure, depends on where the crack is. Not sure how a backpressure problem could crack the block. Man, I would think the oil pressure would have to be REALLY low to cause this.

Quick Reply: truck won't start