3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone know an easy way?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Mopar2511
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know an easy way?

I just bought some off road lights and it came with the switch to go inside the cab. im trying to get the wires into the cab. i installed some cab clearance lights myself and already have a switch for that i had to drill a hole in a plastic liner thats up above the pedals and steering column. does anyone know how i can run these wires into my cab? preferably without drilling.its a 2004 SLT. Thanks in advance

Old 01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: anyone know an easy way?

hmm... did you check all the area's of the firewall for like a gromet you could shove it through.... if not your gonna have to drill it and if you are worried about leaks use a grommet to seal it off..

Old 01-19-2008, 11:34 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres a coupld gromets you could use....the one i always used is the one on the driver side where the wiring harness is going into the cab....use poke a hole in it, get your switch wired up and then seal the hole with some RTV or something like that

Old 01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
dieseldoc1
Professional

i had a lot of wires to run and cb coax so i removed the cover where the clutch would bolt up to the firewall the duct taped over the hole to keep dust out.

Quick Reply: anyone know an easy way?