3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ok last time! Please only professionals! Muffler inlet size

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok last time! Please only professionals! Muffler inlet size

yeah i was going to say that too, but i was assuming he wants to know because he will do it himself ! but never really said what he was looking to do go dual or stay single and just replace the muffler.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: rammindodge03

if you are installing the muffler by a professional at a muffler shop, it doesn't matter what size you get as long as you got a bigger size than what you have. b/c a muffler shop can adjust a pipe to a size. Trust me i used to hang out at a muffler shop when i was younger.
He is right. Bottom line, the FM muffler is shorter than your stock muffler so pipe will need to be added. I would measure mine but it is in the attic and I am tired

Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
MoparRob
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 03 4.7 QCSB, had 3"in 3"out. 100% positive.Just had a muffler installed last month. But really when in doubt go measure the thing yourself. Much easier than starting 4 different threads... Good luck on the exhaust btw.

Quick Reply: Ok last time! Please only professionals! Muffler inlet size