3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

quad cab lighting in rear

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:48 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: quad cab lighting in rear

I agree that mounting them on the back of the seats would be best.

You can pick a couple of those lights listed and fab up something simple to mount them off the front headrest mounts and run the wires down the back of the front seats.

Most of the light will stay in the back.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:06 PM
tdbphoto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the truck on the show room floor like what you see... They did everything to this... Has far as the tint It has a sticker that it compiles with some code not sure... The back windows are really dark... They did add the tint... They lowered the rear 1-1/2" and put the finder wall tubes in it... They did a lot to this truck... The sticker price on it was 42,000.... I did not pay that for it...
Terry

Old 01-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Redram05baby

Sweet, Good Luck With The Install... Make A DIY Out of It!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Redram05baby

My .02 Cents on The REAR Facing Light -

When I Took My Family On A Road Trip, My Mother Was Sitting In The Back Seat Reading A Book With Her Semi Bright Reading Light Attached To Her Book. Everything Was Fine Until She Rasied The Book And Proped It On My Seat/ Headrest.

It Was Like A Beacon, The Reflection off Of The Rear Window Annoyed The CRAP Outta Me Seeing It In My Rear View Mirror. Anything Headrest Level Will Report Back To The Rear View Mirror Especially If The Front of The Cab Is Semi Dark.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:27 AM
mikebol
Veteran

I've been looking into doing something like this too ... I guess the best thing would be to rough run the wires and then do some test placements before permanently mounting it anywhere. That way you can check for glare and how distracting it might be.

Thanks for all the great info in this thread.

Mike

Quick Reply: quad cab lighting in rear