3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anyone used the Tuff Country leveling keys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 PM
tmodlin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used the Tuff Country leveling keys?

I have searched this forum for leveling ideas and have heard people mention that the Tuff Country leveling keys are an option but havent seen anyone that has used them.

I am basicaly wondering if you have used them how do you like them? I dont like the idea of maxing my torsion bars with the stock keys, been there done that and the ride quality suffers. I also dont want to bother with aftermarket suspension lift kits. I just want the truck level

Also, if you used them, how was the install? I would probably do this myself and was wondering if any special tools would be required?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Oops, forgot to mention. This is in an 05 1500QC 4x4.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:51 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone used the Tuff Country leveling keys?

I've not used them myself. My personal experience is with installing suspension lifts & body lifts on live axle front end trucks, a suspension lift on an IFS truck and I've helped a couple friends crank their torsion bars. I have, however, heard from a few that have gotten the keys from various vendors, and most like them. Tuff Country is one of the top two or three as far as reputation goes.
They will stiffen the front end a bit, but you are correct, not nearly as much as crankin' the t-bars. You should get an alignment after the install, and you may find it necessary to purchase a longer set of shocks for the front, I guess that will depend on if you venture off the pavement onto the rougher terrain...

Old 01-27-2008, 05:55 PM
tmodlin
Rookie

Yeah, I was wondering about the shocks too but forgot to post it. Going with a 2" longer shock in the front really wouldnt be a big deal but I dont want to buy them if I dont need to.

Thanks for the input.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:29 PM
mmstar23
Champion

im just gonna throw the spacers on top of the springs to level it out

Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Redram05baby

The IFS In tmodlin's and Mine Don't Have That Option... No Coils For Us.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

im gonna prob go wit the ready lift kit. promises stock ride and wont rust or break or nethin. if and when i get it ill let yall kno

Old 01-28-2008, 02:52 AM
mikey0302

Hi everyone, I am new to your site and noticed a thread that I am currently looking into. I ordered a levelling kit on line that comes with the shock relocation brackets that mount to the existing holes of the shock but lifts it up enough to not stress the shock to it max length. There are several different sets online as well as the good old ebay!!! I am told that they can be done by anybody with a mechanical head which I have but not a place to do them like a garage so I am having a local performance shop do them. They deal with lowering and lift kits all the time but make sure you look into a reputable shop not a fly by night teen garage that daddy lets him play with his cars. Hope to add the pictures soon after the work. Oh yeah before I forget if you do decide to do these yourself you will need a Torsion Bar Unloading Tool. Cheaper to rent than buy!! Hope to talk again here real soon.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:29 AM
JCPlowing
Rookie

I installed the tuff country leveling kit on my truck about 3 weeks ago, they are pretty easy to install, the only thing i didnt like was the keys were a little loose on the torsion bars then the stock keys, butthey will work with no problem! I raised the truck 3inches from stock, without using any aftermark shocks or 2inch adjusting brackets, the truck ride is great, it looks good, i also have the air bags in the rear, the rear with 50psi raised up 4inches so the truck tall and looks very good! I would recomend these to anyone who is looking for a cheap lift, and with a ball bearing press, jack, and a few tools you can do it yourself, you just have to get the allinement done after! I will post some pictures later today of the truck! goodluck!

Quick Reply: Has anyone used the Tuff Country leveling keys?