3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DIY readylift leveling kit with PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DIY readylift leveling kit with PICS!

I am going to have a shop do my level kit for me. I so not have enough of a knowledge of this part of the suspension to feel confident adding this. I tried earlier this morning and when neither the instructions here nor the ones that came with my leveling kit were happening the way they were supposed to, I opted to put my tires back on and look for a shop to do this.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya same with me.

ram04-i went to a trick trucks near my house and they charged me 130. it would have been 200 with alignement but they didnt do it. i took it somewhere else. so it should be about 130 and 2 hrs of waiting depending onhow many guys areputting it on

Pirata- i was looking at the flashpaq online last night. is it worth getting? ive heard alot of stories of tuners hurting your tranny and i dont want to take any chances. you and me have basically the same truck so i was wondering what your getting out of it and stuff.and what is a T-Stat??ha

Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Pirata
Champion

What kind of place did you take it to? I will start looking for a garage on tomorrow or Monday to put in my level kit but a step in the type of place that will do the work would be helpful.

As far as the flashpaq goes. It's worth it in my book. Mathmatically, in gas savings alone, using the performance tune you will make the tuner pay for itself in about 15 - 20k miles. Evedry mile after that it's like them paying you to use their product. I was looking forward to the upgrades and additional features they had said they were going to add to the flashpaq but never produced, however I still would have bought the flashpaq. While I know my hemi is a gas hog if I can increase the fuel economy by 1 or 2 mpg in addition to adding a few ponies I will do it every time. Hope this helps your decision.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

i took it to a truck mods specific place. they do lifts, exhaust etc. so they did a good job. but i def agree with what you said.anything to help. but you havent noticed any tranny problems? i know it stiffens shift points but i dont want to hurt it then void the warranty

Old 03-01-2008, 09:39 PM
morepower29
Professional

I've noticed that with alot of the leveling kits the front then sits a little higher than the back. It happened when I leveled my f150 and that makes me afraid to level my dodge.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Pirata
Champion

I figure if I am adding an additional 200 pounds to the front (WARN Trans4mer + winch) even if it's slightly higher it ought to make it just about perfect. Besides, most people who have leveled their Rams use a 2 1/2" kit.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

i was really worried about that too but its pretty perfect. it sits slightly higher but you can barely tell. but like pirata said, after all that stuff it will def be 100% even. but mine is pretty good

Quick Reply: DIY readylift leveling kit with PICS!