3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SCT Tuner for HEMI trucks released!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:05 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default SCT Tuner for HEMI trucks released!!!

Just saw it on the KRC Performance site.

I see a +4 degree custom grind KRC 210 cam in my truck by late spring now! Man I've been waiting for this, with this cam and a custom tune for it and the rest of my mods I'll have that REAL TORQUE BEAST I've been building towards...

http://www.krcperformance.com/krc/in...4&Itemid=2

http://www.krcperformance.com/krc/

Old 01-27-2008, 07:10 PM
tmodlin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SCT Tuner for HEMI trucks released!!!

This is awesome. No more generic tunes. I have been reading about tuners on here and definitely wasnt too excited about the pre programmed units like the Superchips or Edge. This is something I definitely will look into.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Yup, I'm starting to save my pennies now, I'll need the Cam, springs, damper, retainers and the SCT (and oh yea, that 5 mile trip to KRC's dyno). Then the final job will be a torque converter. I'll finally finish my dream truck I started moddin' myself over 2 years (and dozens of mods) ago!!!

I'd say by about May, I'll have a Superchips Flashpaq for sale...

Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 PM
navyplt182

Hammer,
I plan on doing the 4" Rancho lift with 17" rims, 35" tires, CAI, Exhaust, Headers. I have done a bunch of reading on the SCT and know that it's "the next big thing." Do you think it would be overkill for the above mods i just listed? Also, anyone know when and ifit will be available other than in someone's shop? Thanks.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: navyplt182

Hammer,
I plan on doing the 4" Rancho lift with 17" rims, 35" tires, CAI, Exhaust, Headers. I have done a bunch of reading on the SCT and know that it's "the next big thing." Do you think it would be overkill for the above mods i just listed? Also, anyone know when and ifit will be available other than in someone's shop? Thanks.
Sounds like a hammer jr.!!! lol just messin with ya buddy... but believe me once u start modding u aint gonna stop!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:36 PM
navyplt182

haha...you left the door wide open for me to make some great comments, but i just cant bring myself to do it. I will admit that I'm not cool enough to have a red truck like hammer or a black 2500truck like yourself. I've had my truck for a year now, and I finally got the itch.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:01 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: navyplt182

Hammer,
I think that the tuners with "canned tunes" or basically "one tune fits all" are pretty much tapped out after you graduate from cat-back and CAI mods. I know the Superchips doesn't recommend LT headers because the tuner advances the timing which leans you out and the headers scavenge really efficiently which also leans you out, so you're A/F ratio is off and often gives a CEL, not to mention the potential for long term damage. (Of course, we all know that by putting a 180* thermostat richens the mixture to fix this, right?) So with the headers you will benefit greatly from a custom tune, or at least being able to select a tune to download that more closely fits your mods.
The SC is cheaper than the SCT, but I only see it as a viable option now if you ONLY plan on doing an exhaust and maybe CAI and a tuner and that's it. If you plan on any more mods, then the roughly $400 will be wasted and better off put towards the SCT. For people like me, the SCT was imperative so I could get a custom tune to tame the cam I want, especially because the grind is going to be a custom grind to add a whole lot more torque down in the lower rpm range. With the SC, I would have had to go the extra step and expense of adding a piggyback to control the A/F ratio but even with that would have to live with multiple misfire CELS all the time.

Quick Reply: SCT Tuner for HEMI trucks released!!!