3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking for a good tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Bobbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good tonneau cover

I want to get a nice hard tonneau cover before we go on a trip to SC in a couple of months and want to hear some recommendations.
I like this one bellow but want to know what others think, or if you know of better ones.
Thanks.
http://www.pace-edwards.com/jackrabbit.asp

Old 01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
kregier
Veteran
Default RE: Looking for a good tonneau cover

I've never been a fan of the cansiter systems. Around here I've heard of a lot of people who have problems with them icing up and then they're either stuck open or closed. I'm looking at one from peragon (peragon.com).

Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
josh213corbs
Professional

I agree...check out Peragon. These covers look really nice.

If you're looking for a similar style, though, and don't want to spend as much money you should look into BAKflip...

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-...0A2546738.aspx

Old 01-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Hemichief
Veteran

I have a Lorado Cover... http://www.agricover.com/index.php/p...s/category/C11 I really like it. I live in CO and the weather can be merciless in here. It has held up really good and it is solidly attached tot the bed. I really do like it.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
HuskyJazz
Professional

I have the retrax cover and love it.I get a lot of compliments on it as well.It is a canister type. It does take a little mroe room then the pace edwards, but you don't have to worry about the vinyl fading. It is a super hard plastic. I think they advertise it as the same as on a f-16. I think? I've had mine for almost 2 years. In bad ice, it can build up and it won't slide in. But you can break or melt it on teh side and it will go in. But in bad ice, most covers have some kind of problem. http://www.rolltopcover.comis the site. Good luck

Old 01-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

I've had a Pace Edwards in the past and they freeze or ice real easily and then they're either open or closed.... And they take up a bunch of space. The Bakflip looks really cool and I'm considering getting one. I'd get a hard tonneau, but I can't get rid of my spoiler b/c my backup camera is mounted and hidden up in there....

Old 02-03-2008, 01:01 PM
tmodlin
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Hemichief

I have a Lorado Cover... http://www.agricover.com/index.php/p...s/category/C11 I really like it. I live in CO and the weather can be merciless in here. It has held up really good and it is solidly attached tot the bed. I really do like it.

I have the same one and I like it a lot. Install was easy and it looks really sharp.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:18 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the Mopar one and i love it...got a decent price on it when i was working at the dealership and it's pretty much identical to the Leer i had on my 02 ram....might be worth checking out, but they are a little expensive without the employee discount

Old 02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote's for the BakFlip. Very versatile, and it won't break the bank either!!!

Also, where in SC you heading??? Maybe be able to give you some pointers as to where to go..

Old 02-03-2008, 04:59 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

Man, i am torn. I really like the backflip, but hate that it blocks the window when i wanna load the quad in, etc. But worry about a soft rollup tonneau beign weather tight, snow load, etc.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good tonneau cover