3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Found my cousins BH Ram!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 AM
SeaMedic
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Found my cousins BH Ram!

Sometimes there's a fine line between a cop and a crook. I have a friend who's been a cop for a number of years and the fact that he still has his integrity for what money they makeis amazing.

Maybe the insurance company can press the issue.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:55 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

congrats! so youre from cleveland? what part of town? what part of town did they find the truck? i grew up and was involved in some stupid **** out there.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 AM
smokinjoe
Rookie

to the topic at hand, if it were me, I'm not sure i would want my baby back if she were stolen. To me it would never be the same. Best of luck to your cousin. My .02 on that. As far as the cop bashing...

My brother is a cop, has been for a almost a decade, and a Military Police Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps Reserve. Hes done 3 almost year long tours of duty (each) in Iraq. I'm sorry your cousins truck wasn't treated as the crime it is, but in the world we live in today a stolen truck that didn't involve someones death, isn't high on the cities priorty list. Given the amount of violent and unsolved crimes that plague our societyespecially in large cities where if you think it's bad now with gang bangers and drug dealers prowling the streets of america, preying on the weak and helpless and that we would be better off without police than that's the opinion your entitled to. But just try to imagine a world without them and see if your opinion changes.

Cops arent superheros, they are people just like the rest of us, and are prone to the same type of emotions and actions as everyone else. The difference between us and them is that they are at least willing to try to the right thing everyday, sure there are corrupt and dishonest cops, most aren't, most just want to try to make the world a better place, even just a little, I'm willing to bet each of us knows someone or is someone that is corrupt and dishonest. Cops get shot everyday in this country just for wearing the uniform. No other reason. A cop never knows if the car he just pulled over speeding is just someone running late for an appoinment or meth head all coked out that's wanted for armed robbery or murder or a pedophile or someone that's doesn't mind popping a cop to avoid prison for a little while longer, or has nothing to lose and wants take an innocent with him. My brother has 2 kids, his son isn't even a year old. How many people here are willing to take a job where their lives are on the line.And i have never met a cop that makes decent money, ever.

Sorry about the rant, but it peaks me a little when people generalize and bad mouth one of the fewpublic services where the employees make next to nothing and are willing to put themselves out there for the betterment of society. Cops are local, notfederal employees. Ifanyone thinks they can do better than i say go for it,make a change, a sheriff isan elected official, which means their jobs are in the communities hands, they don't magically become sheriff, they were voted in and can removed from the office if enough people are willing to stand up for it. I've had bad dealings with the police as well, someone slashed the tires on my old truck, and teh cops just made a report for insurance purposes, do i wish they had actually done something and found the person that did it, yes i do, but a minor crime like that isn't going to be something that worries them. and to be honest it didn't really have that profound of an affect on my life in the long run anyways. not too many police departments in the country are equipped like CSI, most crimes get solved the old fashioned way, a lot of legwork by detectives, not the uniforms that walk a beat. I wish more people would become cops and do what they do. Or at least try. or if nothing else try to avoid bad mouthing them, but it is a free country and we are all entitled to think what we like. I hope it stays that way for a long time,it's one of the things that this a great place to live,but remember, most cops don't do what they do for themselves, they do it for us, the people that are to chicken to do it for ourselves. I'm not a cop and know I'll probably never be one, but at least i believe in them.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:33 AM
SeaMedic
Professional

well you've obviously got a vested interest in the police and sorry for pissing you off, I've just never had a good experience with police and vehicles.

My wife's Town and Country was hit by a drunk while it was parked in a restaurant, and the Shreveport cop that responded was a buddy of the drunk, and she tried to convince my wife that he would handle this all without involving the insurance company. F%^k that! that tells me a couple of things. First, he's done this before, and second he's on his last chance. Luckily my wife has a good head on her shoulders and made everyone get involved. She did, however, get a copy of the accident report and the cop never mentioned the guy had been drinking. Well, we pressed the issue and made the SPD get the report changed. I'm sure nothing happened to the cop for "taking care" of her buddy, and ever since I've had a bad taste in my mouth for the local police.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:02 AM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it were my truck, I would hope to never see her again. Take the insurance money and get another one. Now you need to fix all the damage and to think about it being stolen every time you drive it. Not to mention blood from who knows who! No thanks. Red

Old 02-04-2008, 09:23 AM
kregier
Veteran

How did they bypass the sentry system?

My Fiancee always give me s**t for saying the same thing. I've never had a pleasant encounter with a cop. And I've never been pulled over or caught it any illegal actions. In each incident I was reporting something, or a witness. She says it's not all, and that may be true, I've just never met one. Hell, my cousing just got into the force and I won't even go into what type of person he is or what he's been into over the years.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
shah 303
Professional

good thing that he got back.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
texas_rebel_1980
Professional

yup i said it in the other thread on this topic, i confirmed it today when i was renewing my insurance. dodge truck insurance is going up because they are being stolen at such a high rate. whatever they tore up or bled on, don't back down and get it fixed right. just like after a wreck, your truck is never the same...

Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Just get it fixed and cleaned up and hopefully the insurance will cover the aftermarket parts that were taken.

I had a drunk hit my truck in a parking lot, and someone even wrote down the full license plate and gave it to the cops, and somehow they could never do anything about it. WTF?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
vinman966
Professional

ORIGINAL: 7floorsofhell

cleveland police found his truck at an apartment complex. stripped all the aftermarket stereo, tools and things of that nature. I just find it strange to go through the trouble of stealing the truck if you just want small things like that. A lot of risk driving a stolen truck just to get the radio out of it or whatever. anyways, i guess they literally ripped the door handle off the truck to get access. column mangled, blood everywhere so it must not of been to easy to strip the column. i don't know how he started it yet, haven't seen it in person. oh, the best part, the cleveland police department isn't dealing with the truck as a crime scene, just gave it to my cousinand said he should just be greatful for getting it back.
Mayor Jackson has the CPD just about giving up on any type of auto theft anymore. I had to deal with a break in a couple years back and the cop told me some stories about what they're not allowed to do anymore. Makes you want to pay your taxes I tell you.
Good that he got it back though I guess...although I'd never feel good about driving in it anymore even if they do get all the blood out of it.

Quick Reply: Found my cousins BH Ram!