3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 Dodge Ram Heat/AC climate selector

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
fireprowvfd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Ram Heat/AC climate selector

Hello all. I have a 2003 Ram/1500 2WD. The heat works fine, it will actually run you out, it gets so hot. The AC is the same way, cold as ever. The problem is, the selector **** ( To switch from vent, floor, or defrost ) does not work. I can have it on defrost, but it only blows out the vents. I dont think the fan is the problem, because it works on all speeds. I have had this problem before, and all I had to do was cut the heat off, then cut it back on and it would switch. It has finally quit changing all together. This wouldnt be a problem in the summer time, but its a pain on cold mornings when I need the defroster. I have heard horror stories about having to pull the whole dash out, but I am hoping those rumors are not true. Anyone have any ideas? Please help!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2003 Dodge Ram Heat/AC climate selector

this is actualy an issue with the blend door not operating properly and most likely broken. there is a redesigned box with a new door that needs to be installed.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Ram Heat/AC climate selector