3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

That new car smell is gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
rebelz99
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: That new car smell is gone

I had the same problem with the door on my truck, I fixed it by adjusting the door ketch or the Hook. Just lossen the screws and move it towards the seat a little at a time. Close your door, take a drive and see if it happens again, if it does try again.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
redbeardmcg
Professional

13k on my '07 now, don't have either one of those problems (door or dash). Could the noise you are referring to be buffeting? Try rolling down another window and see if it stops the noise. If that is what it is it is normal and even documented in the owners manual.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

the sound you hear is reverberation from the air when you have all4 windows down. i drove a newer cutlass that did the same thing only WAY worse. i would be surprised if all owners dont experience the same problem. no i dont have a tonneau cover.anyone else ??

Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

No problems yet at 8k mi and had 0 problems with my '05 which I got up to 30k mi. and I abused that thing beyond belief.........

Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

The new car smell is actually glue they did a test on it and inhaleing it is actually not good for you at all.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

I like that new car smell...

Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

ha as do i. i dont really have any of those problems. some of my panels raddle butttttt i THINK that has something to do with the massive bass in my back seat. just a guess. but dude get that door checkd. you wouldnt want that coming open on you when you turn or sum

Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
esskmo
Professional

LOL, I've had my wife for 8 years now. Now that she's kinda broken in I have noticed certain things also. Here are my experiences.

When the mouth is above 2 WPM I start thinking about my truck. It's not that I've noticed it myself, but I was told so, er screamed at a few times for it. At low speeds she starts getting winded or out of breath and a loud wheezing noise starts to sound. There is no high speed. sometimes her eyes look blank when I am talking to her so I don't know if she is understanding what I am saying.

LOL, my truck is doing great though, even though I think I did fry my alternator the other day playing in mud puddles. I will change that out soon though.

I will not say anything about the new girlfriend smell to her, but I kinda like it. All of this just kidding.

I agree about the new car smell being just glue and not being any good for you at all, If I ever buy a brand new vehicle again, I will get it cleaned up very good just to get rid of that smell.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Redram05baby

ORIGINAL: henmar77

Ive had my dodge for 6 months now. now that its kinda broken in i have notice certain things. Has anyone experience any of these things?

1 When the engine is at a specific RPM there is rattling noise that comes from the passenger side dash and the drivers side door panal

2 At high speeds or high winds the driver side door will open up just enough to let air out (it whistles). in otherwords it does not seal properly. one day it opened up so much i could see sky.

3 The headlights dont always turn of the first time. i have to turn the **** twice for them to go off or press the button on the remote.
1 Personally I Would Check For Loose Pannels +/- Have Someone Search For The Noise Source.

2 Mine Did They Same Thing - Same With My Buddies 07'. They Replaced The Door Trim On Both Our Aplications

3 Sounds Like You Have A Relay That Fails To Engage, Or The Switch Itself Fails To Connect The Circuit. Both of Which Would Be Covered Under Warranty.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM
masshole
Professional

LMFAO esskmo !

Quick Reply: That new car smell is gone