3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

That new car smell is gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:48 PM
henmar77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That new car smell is gone

Ive had my dodge for 6 months now. now that its kinda broken in i have notice certain things. Has anyone experience any of these things?

When the engine is at a specific RPM there is rattling noise that comes from the passenger side dash and the drivers side door panal

At high speeds or high winds the driver side door will open up just enough to let air out (it whistles). in otherwords it does not seal properly. one day it opened up so much i could see sky.

The headlights dont always turn of the first time. i have to turn the **** twice for them to go off or press the button on the remote.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
pcollins
Veteran
Default RE: That new car smell is gone

Umm.... I havent had any of those problems. I have an '05. I would get that door looked at.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
josh213corbs
Professional

Oh yeah...I hear ya henmarr77...my truck has only 5500 miles on it and I have experienced all those issues.

Before I got my truck a buddy of mine warned me and said "everything will start to rattle after a while"...I think he's right.

The door problem I have as well, but it's the passenger door, not driver.

Also, when I'm at a dead stop with my brakes on and I ease off the brakes to start going there is a terrible grinding sound...can someone explain this????????????????????????????????????? What is it?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headlights must be turned off before the key is turned off or there will be a 60 second delay, then they will turn off. Its a built in safety feature so you can see to get into your house, and not have to return to turn the headlights off. Kill the headlights before the key and they will go off immediately.

No rattles in my dash, and I would have the door investigated asap

Old 02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
henmar77

It must be the "big horn" edition. The only diff is i have a diesel not a hemi. Anyone ever drive with the windows down. I have this loud deep bass sound when i do.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:32 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

What about the new car smell being gone?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:36 PM
henmar77

just an expression. meaning there are problems now that i have had it for a short while.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:14 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have any of the above issues. As stated above, the headlights are on a timer if you shut the truck off before the headlight switch. Good luck. Red

Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
bloodySUNDAY134
Professional

i have an '05 with 27K on itand have had the driver's side door issue, never opened up so much that i can see the outside, but definately whistles. no other problems.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:42 PM
bloodySUNDAY134
Professional

ORIGINAL: henmar77

It must be the "big horn" edition. The only diff is i have a diesel not a hemi. Anyone ever drive with the windows down. I have this loud deep bass sound when i do.

do you have a tonneau cover? I have the same issue and was wondering what it was myself, then realized that my tonneau cover was flapping at higher speeds causing it to sound like bass or like a tire was out of balance.

Quick Reply: That new car smell is gone