3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

That new car smell is gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
minnesotamopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: That new car smell is gone

Mine does that--it's two things happening.

1. The lock **** rattles around when you hit bumps, and the plastic **** or the shaft it's hooked to makes noise.
Drive over areas that make the noise and hold the **** still--see if it stops.

2. The inner door panels when cold make a rattle when you hit little bumps in the road.
Push on the door panel and see if it stops.

--Matt

Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
canyonken

You guys with the ticking sound coming from the drivers door, try this.
Look under the truck on the drivers side right along the frame and even with the front door. There is a cable running close to the frame that rattles against the frame. I did not take the time to figure out what that cable is. Probably parking brake cable. Mine rattled a bit when driving through subdivision streets at around 25 mph. I put a piece of foam around the cable right where it seemed to be touching the frame of the truck. This could be your ticking sound.
Let me know. It took me a while to figure out where the rattle I heard was coming from until I crawled around under the truck looking for something loose. Found a cable close to the frame.
ken

Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 PM
henmar77

ORIGINAL: henmar77

Ive had my dodge for 6 months now. now that its kinda broken in i have notice certain things. Has anyone experience any of these things?

When the engine is at a specific RPM there is rattling noise that comes from the passenger side dash and the drivers side door panal

At high speeds or high winds the driver side door will open up just enough to let air out (it whistles). in otherwords it does not seal properly. one day it opened up so much i could see sky.

The headlights dont always turn of the first time. i have to turn the **** twice for them to go off or press the button on the remote.
Ok so here is an update. I took it to the dealership and had all these problems looked at. they replaced the seal and ajusted the door. no more whistling. they found a few loose screws in the door and loose wiring harness. no more ticking for the drivers side but now that noise no longer masked the noise from the passengers side that i never noticed, lol. The headlights have a learning curve apparently. I took my buddy with me and so kindly pointed out several other problems. The bed and the front bumper dpnot line up with the cab. they are offset to the passenger side by about a 1/2 inch. I wanted to kill him for pointing that out. they said that they could not fix that there was no room for adjustment. they looked at several other trucks on the lot and they were the same way. I dont know about Dodge man. they need to fire their quality control manager! Oh yea. i took it in for my first FREE oil change. long story short. they rotated my tires and scratched the S@#& out of my brand new custom rims. they will be replacing those in a few weeks. no more new cars for me.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Timmerduder
Veteran

No problems here and I now have a whoppin 1400 miles - most likely that diesel is rattling not the Dodge

Old 03-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Scorpio_08_HEMI
Rookie

Speaking of ****ty service, I have had two oil changes on mine so far, each from a different dealer in my area. Both times my truck was returned to me with grease on the kick panels, grease on the carpet one time , and oil residue on the steering wheel, door, and arm rest. Does Dodge not train these douchebags to have respect for someone elses property? Feel like kicking the service writer right in the phuckin nuts.What the hell does FIVE STAR mean? Also have noticed that the frontpassenger door on my QC does not line up at the bottom and the front bumper on the passenger side isnt lined up correctly. The bed is not lined up exactly with the cab either. I know this isnt a Mercedes but come on people, where the ***** is the quality control at Dodge. Do Ford and Chevy have these issues? Dodges look cool and the interiors are nice compared to the competition but I may go with Toyota next time. This is my first Dodge product and was already thinking about the 09 model but if this is the reputation Dodge has (all the **** I have read on these forums) then this will be my last purchase from Dodge. I hate to say that because I love the Challenger ! Nothing in the American market beats the look of that car ! Oh yeah, my grill needs to be replaced again as it has a bubble in the chrome overlay. This will be the third one. The truck is 6 weeks old with 6000 on it.

Quick Reply: That new car smell is gone