3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WOW

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
dunkindirk41
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOW

It was $280. It also came with a throttle body spacer. All in all im happy with the performance, sound, and price

Old 02-08-2008, 04:08 PM
06Mopar
Professional

Where did you buy it from??

Old 02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

A true Mopar CAI for $280? Where?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dunkindirk41

Also with the muffler and exhaust. Im not into the loud sounds and pipes and etc. I want the highest flowing muffler with the least sound. I want to keep it as close to stock as possible. Any suggestions??
Highest flowing with the least sound is an oxymoron. To have the highest flow you have the fewest turns and curves which leads to the LOUDEST exhaust. To have the least sound you have to have the most turns and chambers within your muffler so that is comes out quiet but all the turns to get out restrict the flow. This being said, I would suggest leaving your exhaust stock for the time being. However it you replace your muffler for a high flow super loud muffler but leave your rear resonator in place you will definately tame the sound while increasing the flow.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Pirata,

I don't think that's entirely true. The Magnaflow is more free flowing than the Flowmaster, yet the Flowmaster is louder. It uses the turns to have the exhaust fumes vibrate or echo or whatever it does off all of the baffles or whatever they're called.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Pirata
Highest flowing with the least sound is an oxymoron. To have the highest flow you have the fewest turns and curves which leads to the LOUDEST exhaust. To have the least sound you have to have the most turns and chambers within your muffler so that is comes out quiet but all the turns to get out restrict the flow. This being said, I would suggest leaving your exhaust stock for the time being. However it you replace your muffler for a high flow super loud muffler but leave your rear resonator in place you will definately tame the sound while increasing the flow.
I hope you're joking...otherwise you have no idea what you're talking about which is sad for someone that has 3k+ posts on a automotive forum.

Any chambered muffler is severely restricted...hence the whole chambered part. A straight-through muffler is exactly that, you can pick up one end and look straight through it just like a straight pipe. Some straight-through mufflers are set up a little different but you get the idea. I'm not going to post links to all of the muffler companies sites, but flowmaster has see through pictures of their mufflers on their site. This is all common sense..

Old 02-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Redram05baby

Woh, Alright. You Both Are Getting At The Same Point.. Just Making Different Suggestions..

Plain and Simple, Which Both Stated. The MoreObsicles Inside A Chameber Exhaust Has toGo Through The More Restricted The Flow. Thats Obvious.

The Less Obsicles Inside The Chamber, The More Free Flowing A Muffler Will Be.

Here Is A Cut Away Of A "free Flow Muffler".

Now The Stock Muffler (Eclipse)

The More Driect Route = More Noise. Got It?

Old 02-09-2008, 12:57 AM
dunkindirk41

What about turbo mufflers??

Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

The More Driect Route = More Noise. Got It?
That is NOT always true. The Flowmaster is a less direct route thana Magnaflow yet it is louder.