3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

They FIT - You Guys Ready For This?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:01 PM
Redram05baby
Default They FIT - You Guys Ready For This?

I Hate Them...
I Love The Wheels, HATE HATE HATE The Tires.
[:@]

Edit: 325/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Ok New Theory on Size Descriptions - THEY SUCK

I Called Nitto and Told Them My Rim Size and They Told Me It Will Equate to A 33.8 x 11.9.. THATS BS - I Just Measured Them - They Are 32.25 x 13 YES Thats Right 13 Inches Wide..

Just Pissed off! - Called My Tire Guy and Based off What I Learned I Am Going To TryA NewTire:
Toyo Open Country M/T - 285/75R18 (35.1x11.6)

They Wont Come In Until Tuesday - What A Buzz Kill.

And I What I Said Before Was So Absolutely True - Remember This! It's Not The Tire height Thats The Issue, It's The Width. My Previous Tire Was A 32.9 (ACTUAL Not A Website Spec) And It Cleared ANYthing By At Least Three Inches.. Now With This 13" Wide Tire Its The ABSOLUTE Max - But, If Anyone Was Curious They DO Fit Without Rub.

[sm=rant.gif]

But On The Plus Size...
1) I Think The Rims Look SICK. LoL
2) I'll Have Time To Get The Lift Keys and Bags In Before The New Tires Come.

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:09 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran
Default RE: They FIT - You Guys Ready For This?

Love how they look. Just sick to look at. Need some daytime pics plz. Very nice!

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:12 PM
Redram05baby

Steve Got Some Stock 17" Cast Wheels Avalible Now, LoL.. Ready To Ditch The Steelies?

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:15 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Redram05baby

Steve Got Some Stock 17" Cast Wheels Avalible Now, LoL.. Ready To Ditch The Steelies?
LOL. Thanks, but naw, rims and tires are WAAAYY down my list of mods.

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:21 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

The Toyo's MTs are a great tire, probably the only tire that's not a Mickey Thompson or Dick Cepek that I would buy. But the M/T is loud on pavement. I thought you definately DID NOT want a mud tire? You change your mind more than a damn woman...

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:34 PM
Redram05baby

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

The Toyo's MTs are a great tire, probably the only tire that's not a Mickey Thompson or Dick Cepek that I would buy. But the M/T is loud on pavement. I thought you definately DID NOT want a mud tire? You change your mind more than a damn woman...
When I Saw That You Responded To This Thread I Kinda Did A "OH Great... Lets See What Hammer Has To Say" LoL.

Not Near As Bad As I Thought It Would Be. LoL

You Are Very Observant... I Did Not Want A Mud Terrain, Was Going More Conservative. Now Seeing These Rims On My Truck - I Want More Aggressive. If It Was On My "Ferd" I Wouldn't Put A M/T On It, But I Only Have 24,000 Miles On This Thing = I Don't Drive It As Much.

I Would Go With The Open Country A/T But They Don't Make It In A 285/75R18. Honestly, Now That I Am Calmed Down - I Actually Glad It Worked Out Like This.. Anyone With The Fitment Question on This Tire Will Now Know It Works, But Looks HIDEOUS. And, Makes Me Realize The Toyo Is The Way I Truly Want To Go.

Old 02-08-2008 | 08:37 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

Just switched to the toyo at's cause of all the highway runnin i am gonna be doing. but i really really like the mt's when i had them. i think you made a good choice man. sucks the orig. didnt fit though.

Old 02-08-2008 | 09:02 PM
moparmutt
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Redram05baby

I Would Go With The Open Country A/T But They Don't Make It In A 285/75R18. Honestly, Now That I Am Calmed Down - I Actually Glad It Worked Out Like This.. Anyone With The Fitment Question on This Tire Will Now Know It Works, But Looks HIDEOUS. And, Makes Me Realize The Toyo Is The Way I Truly Want To Go.
Why do they look hideous? From what I can tell in the pics it would look great with fender flairs. Would you mind posting some daytime pics, if you can?

Old 02-08-2008 | 09:06 PM
John M
Record Breaker

Even my 305's are begging for flares. I can't imagine 325's!

>> Pic here

Old 02-08-2008 | 09:25 PM
Redram05baby

Yea The 325's Stick About 2+ Inches...

Fender Flares Will Be A No DOUBT, But I Want To Get Things Situated First.

Yea I Have No Choice.. I Have To Get My Pics In For TOTM So I Will Go Pic Crazy Tomorrow.
Seriously Absolutly LOVE My Rims Though.

Quick Reply: They FIT - You Guys Ready For This?